“A Great eveninigs entertainment”
Review of William Aston Hall

William Aston Hall
More attraction details
Owner description: The William Aston Hall is Wrexham's largest theatre and concert venue, bringing you the best in live music, comedy, theatre, dance and much more. Located on Glyndŵr University's Wrexham campus, the hall has raked seating in its main auditorium and balcony, and is fully accessible with dedicated wheelchair spaces. Refreshments can be purchased from the adjacent Fellows Café Bar, and there are more than 1,000 free car parking spaces available.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Great eveninigs entertainment”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My Wife and I have over the years enjoyed numerous performances taking in a wide variety of shows, from comedions to ballet,and vocalists to the fantastic "Circus of Horrors" which I notice is returning later this year.once seen never forgotten, very comfortable seating and a well stocked bar for pre and interval refreshment.
Highly recomended.
Also on the site of Glyndwer University is the Catrin Finch centre which although having a more modest seating capacity puts on equally entertaining attractions.
Barry P

Visited October 2013

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Enjoy Assyoucan!”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Remarkable time! A lot may because it was a personal celebration, however, I would say worth a visit, no matter the occasion.

Wrexham County, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Another quality entertaining show.”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Visited last year to see Ken Dodd but forget to review (just for the record it was excellent). This time it was to see Al Murray, what a clever man. Very good night out, cannot fault the venue and there are loads of parking spaces on site. Going back later in the year to see Jimmy Carr, can't wait.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank frank f
Glossop
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Ticket office problems.”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Adverse weather conditions forced the venue to cancel a gig I booked months in advance. (It was the comedian Chris Addison) It was only by chance that I noticed a tweet from him that I became aware of the cancellation. The booking office did not keep me informed at all and it was important to me since we live 80 miles away and we were making alternative transport arrangements believing that the gig was still on.
Cancellations happen and some days later the venue announced a revised alternative date that I couldn't attend due to my shift plan at work. So I politely asked for a refund. 10 days elapsed and still no refund so a second e-mail was sent. Another week goes by and no acknowledgement despite me requesting so. When I finally rang them, and spoke to the person that received the e-mails system issues were to blame. I'm more annoyed about their lack of communication than anything else. Hopefully I'll get my money back soon including a booking fee. (I wonder what chance I could charge them a cancellation fee!)
I'm sure that the venue and acts are all great but the ticket office element is one that could be improved.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank TheRightBack
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“excellent production”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We attended a production of dance that our granddaughter Amy was taking part in. We have used this theatre before and have always been pleased with the cleanliness and efficiency of the facilities.

Visited January 2013