“Eagles Meadow how not to build a shopping centre”
Review of Eagles Meadow

Eagles Meadow
Ranked #17 of 53 things to do in Wrexham
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Eagles Meadow is the worst conceived shopping centre l have ever seen. Firstly it's very construction weaker the core shopping area leading to an underused new centre and an underused old centre.

Parking is predatory and expensive. Access from the Tesco side on foot is deliberately planned to be awkward and arguably dangerous.

The whole place is one big wind funnel. The Chinese restaurant there is horrendously poor. Make and Spencer is just so lame is terms of scale and range. The bowling facility is both manned and attended by numerous undesirables.

The 3 shop is good, Starbucks and Frankie and Benny also good.

Seriously though if you are visiting the area don't go here on a Saturday go to Chester or Shrewsbury.

Those who planned and approved this carbuncle, hang your heads in shame.

6  Thank Michael300
There are newer reviews for Eagles Meadow

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I regularly park in Eagles Meadow car park without problems. I choose to park there because I find it safer, more secure and very clean compared with other car parks in Wrexham. It is regularly monitored by security staff, well lit and undercover, so I can walk most of the distance to work without getting rained on. I have a student permit so it only costs me £2.50 to park all day. And you can pay by card which is great because I very rarely seem to have spare change. On rare occasions I found one of the ticket machines can be temperamental, only accepting coins and not recognising my card, but there is always another machine nearby which works. There's always plenty of spaces to choose from. Therefore me and my family park here whenever we visit Wrexham, because it's close to the town centre too.
The shopping centre has a good selection of high street brands mixed with local businesses, and the range of restaurants is great too, though I would love if Gourmet Burger Kitchen were to set up here too! The Odeon cinema is fantastic with its great range of refreshments including costa coffee and Ben & Jerry ice cream!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Beware of the Eagles Meadow car park owned by VINCI PARK SERVICES. I was given a parking charge notice for causing an obstruction. (My back tires were touching the rear parking line) No obstruction was caused - in fact the car park was nearly empty!! Their own photographs demonstrates these two facts!!! The Parking Charge notice I feel represents nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to increase turnover in in an underused car park - it is nothing to do with causing an obstruction of any sort. I have disputed this in writing to the company who continue to send threatening letters that they will appoint a debt collecting agency, as the debt is in dispute recovery proceedings cannot be initiated without a court order. It is no wonder the industry has a bad name when they attempt to obtain money by issuing threats!!!

8  Thank kim e
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Recently we parked our car in this car park. I purchased the ticket for £3.50. Our intention was to visit the cinema located above the car park. Before leaving the car I placed the ticket on the car dashboard as required. We returned to the car with 10 mins remaining on the ticket.
To my amazement, there was a penalty parking ticket stuck onto my windscreen.
I immediately went to the car park office to have the penalty ticket cancelled, only to be told that the ticket had been placed on the dashboard upside down. Even though it was clear that I had paid the correct amount, and had returned to the car inside the correct time I was told there was nothing they could do about it. I have sent copies of my original ticket and the penalty ticket to their head office by post. I am still waiting for their response. AVOID THIS CAR PARK.

6  Thank PabloFiascoWales
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It was a good experience. however I thought it was an indoor shopping place at first but cant complain as Wrexham needed this to liven the town up a little. Good food places and there are things to do there. You wont get bored like you use to back in the days