“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Travelodge Wrexham

Travelodge Wrexham
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Wrexham
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as my daughter was performing at the eisteddfod in bala. The room was clean, and a reasonable size. The staff were friendly and helpful. My own complaints would be no air conditioning as the room was ground floor and very warm, only selected tv channels and not enough sockets. As we were two adults with phones to charge, a daughter with a DVD player plus hair dryer and of course their kettle and tv. So three sockets were nowhere near enough. And not one was near the bed. Saying this we would stay here again as it was convenient to get to lots of places.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked a family room for my daughter and her family for 25/05/14. I made this booking on the the 03/04/14, and then confirmed that the booking was still ok on Thursday 22/05/14. I was assured that the booking was fine and was assured everything would be ok. On the afternoon of the 25th, while my daughter was driving to the Travelodge from South Wales, I received a phone call to say that the family room I had booked had been flooded that morning!! I was told my daughter would have to be accommodated elsewhere. I managed to contact my daughter and told her to contact the Travelodge, which she did. She was told, by an assistant by the name of Rachel, she would have to divert to Flint to stay in the Travelodge there because the booked room had been flooded that morning. Friends of my daughter, who she was supposed to be meeting, were staying at The Wrexham Travelodge and found out that the room had been flooded 6 weeks previously (the room was number 6) and that 5 seperate families had been booked into the same room and had to be diverted or turned away!!! Why were we lied to and why was I assured the room booking was ok just days before my daughter travelled? To cap it all the room my daughter was given in Flint was dirty and dusty with black scum marks in and around the bath. I don't like complaining but surely the lies and deceipt were not warranted. I am disgusted by the Travelodge service from their personnel. Photographs were taken at both Travelodges.

Room Tip: Don't rely on Travelodge, they more than double book.
Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Martin T
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a fews nights stay for my elderly parents whilst they visited the area. I cannot fault the welcome and attention of all the staff, jess the young lady at the desk welcomed them in slightly earlier and even helped carry their bags to the room for them! They raved about how clean the room was and how all the staff were lovely to them throughout their stay. Will definitely be booking again as location is great for access to all amenities, perfect!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Refurbished and a good location for Llangollen and Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. A very well run Travelodge, staff helpful, sofa bed already made up for our four year old son. We could not ask for more from this Travelodge.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very happy and welcoming staff, clean rooms with good beds. Minimal noise from outside (despite their being a main road close) or other rooms. Perfect stay over for access to mountain walking in Wales!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

very recently refurbished clean comfortable room with good bathing facilities. Lots of extras like handrails for bath etc which are important to us. Warm and pleasant stay. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS AND WILL RETURN.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at this Travelodge on my own as my husband was having an operation at a nearby hospital if found the staff very helpful and welcoming and the facilities excellent the bed was very comfortable

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo