“son's birthday”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Went there today as it was my son's 8th birthday had to wait ages for our food when it came out my children's meals had about 5 chips on the plate,the tables were sticky and it smelly,we ordered puddings and after waiting ages again had to ask for money back as we got so fed up of waiting!! Certainly won't be going back wasn't a very good birthday meal for my son really disappointed and a waste of money !!

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Squire Yorke, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear john m

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review regarding your recent experience at the Squire Yorke.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Squire Yorke in regards to the service you received. I can assure you that I have passed on your comments to the Management Team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind Regards

Fayre & Square

There are newer reviews for Squire Yorke

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Ok for a quick meal.

No atmosphere and food could have been better. There is no excuse for under cooking chicken

1  Thank John L
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Visited here on the 4/8 firstly everything we had chosen they didn't have, so back to the menu my husband chose the rack of ribs which looked anaemic with no sauce and they looked like they had been cooked several times. He asked for a steak knife and the one that was brought was still covered (and I mean covered) in dried gravy from a previous meal. I had the chicken dinner veg was obviously frozen and cooked in a microwave chicken was dry and some bits were cold. We had ordered fish fingers and chips for my son, the fish fingers tasted of dirty cooking oil and you could count his chips on one hand. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless I really really didn't like them.

1  Thank Emma J
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This place is just awful. The food is alright for fast food pub grub and would do if you needed to fill a hole and don't mind microwave food but it's like walking into the set of Jeremy Kyle.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Visited the Squire Yorke a few days ago for some lunch with the wife on a day off. Had one of the best all day breakfasts I've had in a long, long time! My wife is vegetarian and complimented the menu on its choice and she really enjoyed her food also. Overall the food was very good, at a very reasonable price and the staff were excellent even though it was busy. Will definitely be visiting again soon, thanks guys!!