“awful food”

One To Five
Ranked #187 of 267 Restaurants in Wrexham
Cuisines: British, Bar
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I went to 1to 5 with my daughter for lunch ,both hungry and ordered the food .the food arrived after 10 mins or so ,looked lovely but tasted awful ,the chicken was overcooked and it was all but cold .my daughter ate nothing at all after the first bite and I persevered and ate a small amount .....I wont be going back there again

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The food is good and won't break the bank. The staff are fine, not overwhelmingly friendly, but not unpleasant either. The only real downside is that the food takes a while to arrive. When it does, though, it's hot, tasty and plentiful.

Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Four of us ordered food. I ordered a cheese and ham baguette but it arrived without the ham. I mentioned it but the waitress ignored me. We had to wait about 15 mins for her to come back with the last meal (she didn't e even apologise for the wait) so I mentioned again that it was supposed to have ham on my baguette. I had just taken a bite so had half of the baguette in my hand. She rolled her eyes huffed and snatched the plate off the table and stormed off. She never came back! My friend got me a refund and we left. She seriously needs to get a different job because customer service is not her strong point. Apart from her being rude, the food was rubbish too. Don't waste your money here. Go to bank next door.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Me and a friend were in Wrexham yesterday looking for a place to get some kind of tea. At first we went to where we normally go which was The Plough in Gresford, but they had a large queue and advised us we could be waiting a while, so we drove on over to Wrexham town centre to look for a place.

In the town we saw two signs, one for The Ironworks with meals at 2 for £6.95 or the other was One To Five with two meals at £8.95. At first we took a look at The Ironworks as that was cheaper, looked through the door and the whole bar area appeared absolutely empty, except for the staff, it looked really bad inside so we turned around and went back to One To Five instead, it was £2 dearer but the appearance from the outside made it seem worth the £2 extra.

When we went in I ordered the vegetrian option which was a cheese crumble, and my friend ordered a steak and kidney pie.

As it was a 2 for £9 deal I thought it's probably going to be the usual deal that most pubs do where they serve smallish portions. The bar staff were really friendly, very well presented - one of them even had a full business suite on - so surprised to see bar staff dressed like that!

When the meal arrived it was amazing, the crumble was a standard size with plenty of steak cut chips and salad on the side, and my friend Steak and Kidney pie was really good, even complete with an extra pourer of gravy.

In the past I've easily spent £10 on meals smaller than this. Also this pub didn't appear to be part of any major chain, it seemed very independent and the meal appeared to be freshly cooked and hand made on site.

Really nice pub, excellent staff, and superb value, would highly recommend it and will certainly be going back again sometime.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I was there that night in question .... The scuffle started because the group in question that were "robbed" had actually taken all the other groups belongings first !!! Lol.... Maybe too many beers to remember the incident and share the 'real' truth...