My teenage daughter and I stayed for 2 nights, mid week, in June. We loved our room which had a large spacious bathroom with a large bath and over shower. The room was very clean with a large flat screen TV, tea making facilities and enough storage space for short stays. We found all of the staff extremely helpful especially Charlotte and Stuart. Thanks to them, very quickly putting the wrongs right, we felt looked after.
1. I booked online and was only offered a family room. This suited us. I got the double bed, my daughter had the single but when we entered our room, there was a 'put me up' bed made up as well that took up the walking area between the double and single. This was put away immediately on request.
2. The air con is set to run no lower than 19 degree's which is above the recommended ideal bedroom temperature. Guests should be able to adjust the air con far more flexibly. As another person has mentioned, the air con is a little noisy but it can be switched off.
3. We were on the ground floor. I understand that for security reasons, Premier have chosen to fit fixed windows that cannot be opened. This was a little daunting should a fire break out and it would have been nice to be able to let cooler fresh air in to the room, especially at night.
4. On both nights I was woken up by what sounded like doors being slammed and a light hammering/knocking. Apparently some of the hinged springs are not working as well as they should and the hammering/knocking sound was never identified.
5. The meal deal, £22.99 for 2 courses from the evening meal menu and an all you can eat breakfast, if you do the maths and like steak can be a really good deal. It worked well for us and the food was really nice :) However, the time we had to wait between courses was far too long.
6. I thought that there should have been a phone in rooms with a direct line to reception. To communicate with reception staff it meant a trip to the reception desk. I appreciate that in this day and age, most people have a mobile phone but we all forget our charger or cant get a signal from time to time and I'm sure that there are occasions when leaving the room to visit the reception can be rather inconvenient to some. That aside, the reception is often unmanned due to multi tasking staff roles.
7. May I suggest that a light be fitted above the mirror where the hair dryer is fixed? We loved the use of a quality hair dryer but the area is not lit well.
The RIGHTS far outweigh the WRONGS. There are far too many too list. The staff were great, doing the best they could, in a calm, friendly, professional manner under difficult circumstances. Our beds were extremely comfortable with if I am not mistaken, Egyptian cotton sheets. We had a large bath towel each plus 2 smaller ones. The house keeping staff were more than happy to replenish our refreshment sachets and freshen up our room on request. There were plenty of sockets evenly spread around the room. The bathroom lighting was good. The curtains blacked out the room well. The 12 noon check out time was more than adequate for us as was the breakfast serving times. We never felt rushed.
On a whole, it was a positive experience. It is blatant for all to see that the staff are stretched far too much. Most staff are trained in various areas of running the hotel but a person can only be in one place at a time. More staff are most definitely needed especially in the kitchen and front of house during restaurant opening hours. Note that our stay was 'mid week'. I would be very dubious about staying over a weekend if the staffing levels are not increased. Again thanks to Charlotte and Stuart for their professionalism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite Wrexham General Station and just a 2 minute walk to the Racecourse Stadium and Glyndwr University.Eagles Meadow shopping Centre is just 10 minutes awayEasy access to the A483 for Chester / Oswestry / Manchester / Liverpool and the North Wales Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Premier Inn Wrexham Town Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Wrexham Town Centre Hotel Wales