“Ideal for Business Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ramada Plaza Wrexham
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Wrexham
West Midlands
“Ideal for Business Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stopped at the Ramada for one night with a sizeable party from work. I was impressed by the efficiency of check in - no waiting around for our group of 20 people who all arrived in one bunch. All of our key cards were lined up in alphabetical order waiting to be collected - no messing about with signing in.

The room was comfortable and well equipped - it had everything I needed. The bathroom was spotlessly clean with a good, powerful shower. My only gripe is that the mattress on the bed had seen better days and could have done with replacing - but I slept well enough despite that.

We didn't eat dinner in the hotel but I ordered a room service breakfast. Another example of efficiency as it arrived bang on time and was delivered with a smile.

In terms of location, the hotel is only a short way outside of the centre of Wrexham and is certainly walkable from there and the station. Would certainly recommend.

1 Thank AJWM41
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza, Wrexham. It was pleasing to read your review in particular the speed of check-in and also your kind comments regarding the bedroom and room service. Please be assured your review will be passed onto all staff concerned. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed one night whilst working. Check in swift and easy, my executive room on the third floor was quiet, well appointed, had good quality toiletries, bathrobes, comfy bed and effective air con. Didn't get that I had to pay for wifi in the room, it's a business hotel! What's that all about? A large group of us ate in the hotel Restaurant, the food was just what you'd expect, nothing startling, acceptable and well served.

Breakfast was buffet style, plenty of choice, freshly cooked. Again another irritating detail, why not serve tea/coffee to the table? Having to leap up and down from a hot breakfast to refill my cup is a bind, and of course the flasks run out, etc, etc.

Come on Ramada, Wrexham, sort the Wifi so I don't have to hot spot and sort the breakfast drinks so I don't have to pour three cups at once to avoid the leaping. Regardless of these two pet hates I did enjoy my stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza, Wrexham. It is also helpful to get such feedback on what we are doing right and also some aspects of our service that customers feel the need to comment on. Please be assured that all feedback is discussed with the team and the appropriate action taken. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.
Lincolnshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for one night. We had an executive room which was spacious but very hot - glad we had a/c in the room, but it was very noisy so I could not sleep!!

Breakfast was very poor - not made to feel very welcome at all. No-one bothered to ask whether we would like tea or coffee. I actually don't drink either, so my husband asked whether I could have a hot chocolate and the response was that we could buy one from the bar - bit of a cheek to say how much breakfast was!! The buffet breakfast was not great - a lot of choice, but not nice!!!

On check out my husband advised about how we were treated at breakfast and the member of staff said they would take his comments on board - we were still charged for breakfast and offered no other apology or compensation.

I would jot recommend this hotel to anyone after our experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SalB2B
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza, Wrexham. I was sorry to read your comments regarding the air conditioning units, that's a first for me as we have never had any complaints before, people are normally more than happy that we actually have these units as so many hotels don't. Regarding the customer care in the Restaurant this is not the standards I aim for and set and I apologise for this poor customer care. I shall be speaking to my Restaurant Manager to ensure no future customers experiencing what you did. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future.
Exeter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was greeted by a very nice smiling receptionist and was given a room on the 3rd floor, when I reach the room, it appeared to be an Executive Suite which was a great surprise. When I entered the room what a shock to be greeted by such a wonderfull room, the bed was a King size with lots of pillows, and placed on the bed neatly folded were two dressing gowns not what I am used to.
The room itself was large well lit and spacious, the writing desk area was large with plenty of room with a large mirror on the wall facing you, my wife was really pleased that she could sit in front of a mirror with lighting over the top, so that she could do her make up sat down instead of disappearing into the bathroom.
There was a 32" flat screen TV wall mounted, a DVD player and wifi connections, also a hair dryer and most surprising an iron & ironing board(most hotels you have to ask for these), there was also a safe, fridge and plenty of draw space, plus a wardrobe area plus additional clothes hanging areas, and as norm tea, coffee etc.
Desk chair was not the normal plastic back/seat, but a leather seat and back which was very comfortable, also in the room was a very comfy two seater and a single armchair, the room had aircon which ran quietly during the night.
The bathroom was a delight, roomy well lit with a bath plus shower, very clean and neat with masses of towels plus slippers, this room was well worth the money.
As expected of a 4* hotel eating in was pricey and bar drinks similar, but you would expect this for a hotel of this quaility.
Overall and great stay and would use again when in the area.

3 Thank Elhorno
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. It was pleasing to read your review as it covered so many areas of the Hotel's facilities and in particular your liking of our Executive bedrooms. Please be assured your comments will be passed onto all staff concerned. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

A very well maintained property, well appointed sleeping and bath areas. The restaurant and bar offered good selections and fair prices. The only drawback is it is outside of city-center, but well within walking distance. This is a good choice when in the area.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. I was pleased to read your review and you enjoyed the Hotel facilities. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Excellent buffet and great value for money even better with the discount for wrexham savers the service was good and the hotel look ckean and well set up we really enjoyed it and food was lovely many thanks.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank taboo1977
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit to Zara Restaurant here at the Ramada Plaza, Wrexham. It is always a pleasure to read such positive reviews regarding our food offering in Zara's. Please be assured your comments will be passed onto all staff concerned. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.
Preston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel was better than expected looking at the photograph on the internet. Booked because of the previous good reviews and the £20 a night deal we got. Lovely big bedrooms and near the main shopping area. Did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following on from your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza. I was pleased that you found the rooms to you liking and that you found the location good. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to the Ramada Plaza sometime again in the future.