“A good quiet place to rest in Wrexham”

Ramada Plaza Wrexham
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Wrexham
Dimona, Israel
“A good quiet place to rest in Wrexham”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here for seven nights. The hotel has ample parking, but we decided to walk into Wrexham, which took us close to 30 minutes (we took a taxi back). You can walk to the train station in about 20 minutes, and then get a train into Liverpool or Cardiff if you like.

The staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful. I got a newspaper of my choice delivered to my door every morning. When I needed to print out some emails, the hotel staff printed them out for me and delivered them to our door.

The hotel is very modern inside. The rooms are very spacious, the bathroom and bathtub are both large, and the water pressure in the shower is pleasantly and unusually high.
Breakfast was enormous - a full Welsh breakfast and a full Continental breakfast plus roast beef, gammon, various yellow cheeses, yoghurts, various canned and fresh fruit, Tiptree jam. There were three kinds of eggs, but one day I asked for scrambled eggs with smoked salmon which was delicious. There are some other items, such as eggs Benedict and hot porridge that can also be ordered.

My compliments to the chef, the desk clerks, and the amazing dining-room manageress, not to leave out the cleaning staff, which does an admirable job without being conspicuous.

Some features we enjoyed were the safe, reasonably-priced mini-bar, ample free parking, abundance of electric outlets (including one European and one American in the bathroom), and the fact that when the bathroom light is off, the outlets still work (so you can plug in a European or American night-lite (but not a British one!)).

The hotel leaves out copies of free newspapers all over the place. The general atmosphere in the public areas is very quiet and relaxed. There is a large free whirlpool bath (Jacuzzi) for the guests.
One minor annoyance: the blackout curtain does not quite block out all the light at the very top, leaving the room a little brighter in the morning than I would have liked. However, it's actually better than most of the others I've encountered in this country.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your extensive review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza. It is always pleasing to read such reviews as it covers so many areas of the services we provide and also the compliments to most department's staff in the Hotel. It is very pleasing to read such reviews and please be assured that all the staff will be notified of your review.
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the Ramada for a couple of drinks with a few family members. The hotel interior is superb and the staff more than friendly. There was a splendid selection of drinks available. We sat outside and I have to say it looked beautiful and had a calm, relaxing feel too it. Really pleasant visit....

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Anna D
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following on from your recent visit to us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel. I was very pleased that you found the Hotel to your liking and trust that we shall see you back again with your family members again in the future and hopefully with some more beautiful weather so you can again sit outside.
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We forgot to book a place to stay and had to trek around Wrexham all the rooms at the inn were full so to speak. we called the Ramada and they had a double room spare and it was also a upgrade to the Executive King size room, the room was great and the air-con was just what we needed on a hot night. We did not use the hotel for food or drinks but the fridge was well stocked and the food did smell great

Room Tip: We were at the front of the hotel above the reception and it was very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following on from your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel. I was pleased that you found the rooms to your liking particularly our King Executive room. I trust that on your next planned trip to Wrexham you will book with us again and we will have the chance to welcome you back.
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I were visiting Chester but as it was Chester races that week-end all of the reasonably priced accommodation had been booked up.
I found this hotel via an on-line booking agency and the price quoted for the two night stay was £170 ie £85 per night for two people.
We arrived at 1330 hrs and were booked in immediately. We were then informed that we had an executive double room and when we got to it, we were pleased with what was available. Although the bed was a little hard for my wifes' liking, the rest of the room was more than acceptable. We found it to be clean and quiet.
We did hear one person say the following morning that they had heard music until 0200 hrs but we heard nothing on the third floor. The music was probably due to an event being run by the hotel.
We booked breakfast for the next two mornings and the food was basic but acceptable. We were told by the receptionist that it was better to book as the cost per person was £8.50 compared to £12 if the breakfast wasn't booked.
We ate out at night so can't comment on the restaurant / bar food quality but there seemed to be plenty of choice and it wasn't over priced. The same food is available in both bar and restaurant.
One thing to note. The toilet in the room we had ( room 303 ) was considerably lower than normal so if anyone has a problem sitting and standing, be aware of this.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay there. There is adequate parking space and a get out time of 1100am gives enough time for breakfast etc.
The air conditioning makes the rooms comfortable.
Its location gives about a quarter of an hour easy walk into the town centre. Good value for the cost of the room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the font are nearest the road, albeit the large car park is between the hotel and the road...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following on from your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. I was very pleased to that you found so many aspects of the Hotel to your liking and that you found us to be value for money. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the near future when you are visiting Chester and choose to stay with us rather than a Hotel in Chester itself.
Ruddlan
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel was clean, the room was very comfortable. The biggest problem was that the shower handle was loose and kept falling off. We stayed at the hotel so that my disabled wife could be in hospital for 0700 hrs for an operation, because of the early start I did not have time to report it.
The ramp on the crossing is not very friendly to wheelchairs and we did not see the switch to open the main doors until we were told by an employee.
I had to come back later to settle my bill because the overnight staff could not get my card to work, I offered cash but because the receptionist had swiped my card on check in it had to be paid by that card.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following on from your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. Overall I was very pleased to read your comments and apologise for the problem with the shower head. I trust that this will not deter you from returning to the Hotel again sometime in the future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel and found it to be clean with large rooms and very well equipped, staff were friendly and efficient, breakfast was good. We would recommend this hotel to our friends and return ourselves

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John T
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following on from your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. It was pleasing to read your review as not only did it mention our bedrooms but also our breakfast offering and our friendly staff. Please be assured that all staff will be made aware of your positive review.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrexham
Holt Lodge Hotel
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Abbey Grange Hotel
Abbey Grange Hotel
#9 of 10 in Llangollen

Been to Ramada Plaza Wrexham? Share your experiences!