“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #9 of 277 Restaurants in Wrexham
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Nag's Head in Wrexham is a traditional pub steeped in history, indeed the building itself dates back to 1661, and holds a great town centre location on Mount Street. Here at The Nag's Head you can always be sure of a friendly welcome! Our extensive pub food menu offers something for everyone, from lighter meals to your traditional pub classics, including a great Sunday roast and a great selection of specials. Come along and sample our menu with your choice of tipple from our array of wines from around the world or a carefully selected real ale. We look forward to welcoming you to the Nag's Head soon!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went to the Nags Head on the day of the Stereophonics concert and unfortunately it was raining as we sat in the beer garden but out comes the Manager who's dries the table and chairs, got us an umbrella and even gave us waiter service. Although i dont live in Wrexham any longer I visited the pub again just recently and mentioned the good deed to the manager who recalled the day in question amid the busy day he had. If you would like good service with a smile this is the place to go

1  Thank zako1

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I wanted to treat my dad and stepmum to a pub lunch before my long drive back to southwest England. This pub seemed promising - busy,but with a free table in the garden. Drinks were served quickly and the menu looked good and reasonably priced. We soon gave up on the garden because there were several kids screaming and running round the tables. We were told they weren't taking food orders for half an hour because they were busy. Fair enough, but we were told that again half an hour later when we waited at the bar a second time to place an order, even though the pub was mostly empty by that point. Third time lucky and the food was nice enough when it came, but not worth the nearly 1.5 hour wait.

chrisandsteph1, Manager at Nags Head, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello pooyerphobe and so sorry you had such a long wait for food and that the children were running about that really should have been stopped straight away as we are a family friendly pub but children shouldn’t be running around as it is dangerous but also can upset people I will have a meeting with staff when I get back as on holiday at the minute but be assured it is not the norm at our pub.

I can only assume that as you said it was busy hence the wait and glad the staff gave you the information on the wait giving you the option of waiting at times the kitchen can get backed up and that must have been the situation at this time still I can understand if people are in a rush really glad you enjoyed the food though perhaps if it came out a bit quicker you may have enjoyed it even more.

Thank you for leaving your review and I will address the issue with children running around on my return but please accept my apologies.

Kind regards Chris Steph and all the team

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I'm vegetarian and need to start by saying how amazing the Jack fruit nachos and halloumi fries are... delicious! the best I've tasted! Always a smile from Chris and his wife and of course keely! 100% amazing!

1  Thank Wxmwxm73

Thank you so much Wxmwxm73 for such a kind lovely review and keely will be made up as are we look forward to your next visit and some exciting things coming in regards to a full menu dedicated to vegetarians so keep your eyes peeled for more info it should be around September when new menu goes live.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We were really impressed by both the food and the service - all at a great price. The staff could not do enough for us and were very welcoming. We will be back

1  Thank Peter S

Wow thank you Peter for such a lovely review and for our 5 stars so happy you were looked after on your visit to us at the Nags Head hopefully see you again soon

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to your Pub today. We both had the Sunday lunch. I had the Pork and my husband had the beef. Both meals were excellent. Well done to all the staff
We will be coming back x

1  Thank Joy L

Hello Joy and thank you so much for a lovely review and so happy you both enjoyed your meal and your visit to the Nags Head and look forward to hopefully seeing you both again very soon.