“What a Fantastic Place”

Cuisines: Welsh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have read some of the comments on here and decided to add my own experience.I was walking through Brecon and was told that if I wanted a really nice evening meal I should go to the George. I walked in with my family and the waitress told me they were busy but she would do her best to sit us. We sat in the conservatory. Drinks were brought to the table, everything was clean and the menu was full of choice. There was also a good selection of specials. We decided to treat ourselves and have steaks for a change.The meat was cooked perfectly. It was melt in the mouth. Never tasted steak like that it was outstanding. The chips were perfect and I ordered a peppercorn sauce which again was homemade. I even asked where the meat was bought and was told a local butcher!! So good to have an outstanding meal and see local businesses supporting each other!! If you want quality, value and service I recommend the George. I will definitely go be going back and taking my family again!!!

1  Thank KeeraSd

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Been wanting to try this place since it was taken over by the owners of the brilliant White Swan in nearby Llanfrynach and at lunch in the lovely sunny conservatory today it didn't disappoint...

Ordered fish & chips, while he went for the sausage and mash. Wasn't your average fish & chips, probably the best I've ever had in fact, with delicious triple-cooked chips, a moist fat portion of fish (with no skin on), a lovely crispy batter, perfect. Sausage and mash wasn't the run-of-the-mill either, 3 enormous locally-made sausages with leek, a spring-onion mash, lovely home-made onion rings... Simple food done so well.

Great service and good prices, can't wait to try the evening menu!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Nice eating areas with a lovely conservatory and outside tables. Lunchtime food quality much better than evening meals - been disappointed a couple of Chritmas party events, they seem to have caterered for too many at once compromising on service.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We visited on a quiet day and sat in the conservatory. We had to go to the bar to get a menu and to order but the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The specials board boasted some interesting meals and I chose a venison burger, my husband chose a beef burger. Wow! Sumptuous and juicy, hot throughout which is not always the case in such a thick burger. Chips were thick and home made but some were slightly undercooked, although delicious. This was my second visit here and I would definitely return.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

tiny portions and cold food delivered in sections 5mins apart for a large group, staff where friendly and helpful...but everything was slow.
disappointing for a friends Birthday dinner.

1  Thank andria m