Nythfa House is tucked away up a side street, very close to Brecon centre. It takes no more than 10 minutes to walk to the town.
I went with HF Holidays, on a 'Singing For Pleasure' week.
The breakfasts were amazing. Great choice of food...even veggie sausages. My fave was the eggs florentine...a toasted muffin with spinach and poached egg, with hollandaise sauce.
If you like good coffee take your own cafetiere, as I found the coffee weak.
The packed lunches were the best I have ever had...
Evening meals were huge...I asked for half portions most evenings.
I shared a twin room, and it was a nice surprise that the bath towels are really big.
Room 21 was in the attic and exhausting to get to....no proper window, and bit dark, so ask for the ground or first floor.
Some reviews said the 'outbuilding' rooms weren't nice, but they must have been updated, because they are really good now.
My friends all had massages at the 'retreat'. They reported that they were excellent.
WIFI wasn't great, so take a dongle.
Would return here anytime. Lovely atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nythfa House is set in a peaceful location, just 10 minutes' walk from the centre of Brecon. We're a short stroll from the cathedral, museum and shops in this attractive market town. The surrounding Brecon Beacons National Park is popular with walkers and outdoor enthusiasts. A stay at Nythfa House could include a stroll or cycle ride along the canal or, for the more adventurous, a walk to the summit of Pen-y-Fan, the highest peak in the Beacons. The magnificent waterfalls at Ystradfellte, the book town of Hay-on-Wye, and the cathedral city of Hereford are all within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and LateRooms so you can book your Nythfa House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nythfa House Hotel Brecon
- Nythfa House Brecon, Wales