“Tasty burgers”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are an Inn with 5 en-suite bedrooms,also restaurant,
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I done a 5h hike and were absolutely starving! Arrived there around 4pm with our two hounds, sat outside and when picking up menu the lovely girl at the bar told me we could bring them into the bar area as it was a bit chilly out. Food was brought to us quite fast, had the buffalo and my partner the wild boar burger. Nice big portion of chunky chips as well. Really great service and lovely people working there. Shame we had no room left for dessert, would’ve loved to have tried the homemade bread pudding! Would definitely recommend (also they just got a fancy new coffee machine they were trying out!)

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I'm another one who has passed this place many times and never gone in, eventually stopped here for a meal and I'm so glad we did, the food was spot on, I had the mixed grill which was plentiful and everything was well cooked, my partner had the sirloin steak and went as far to say it was the best steak she's ever had, melt in the mouth and cooked exactly how she asked, staff were very friendly and polite and also very welcoming, won't drive past without stopping again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Just tried the Tai'r Bull for lunch. Had the chicken strips for starter but it was tasteless and not made from chicken breast. For the main I had the buffalo burgers, they were over cooked a, tuff and black. Won't be going back

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Called in today while passing on the Brecon Road to find a cracking menu, happy & cheerful staff, food cooked to perfection & a fair price. I will definitely be visiting again. Between the four of us, we covered 2 lasagnes, a mild chicken curry & a Pen Y Fan stack consisting of an Elk burger, 2 eggs, cheese & a kangaroo & jalapeño burger in a bun. The chips were delicious too, nice & thick with a crispy exterior. We even enjoyed the beer & the deserts afterwards but none of us have moved since arriving home after it. Stuffed to the gills is an understatement. :D

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped here after walking. 6 of us well looked after. Beer and food were good and we sat outside with a superb view. Owners were friendly but not in our face which was nice.