“Delicious food!”

Description: We are an Inn with 5 en-suite bedrooms,also restaurant,
London
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed 5 December 2010

We stumbled upon this gem after a long, cold, snowy walk in the Brecon Beacons. I had grilled pork bellies with bbq sauce which was simply brilliant. The portion size was good too and the home made chips really hit the spot. My friends by all accounts loved their meals as well. I wish I could been able to have had dessert as the creame brulee looked wonderful and the rest of the dessert menu sounded great.

The ambiance was a slight let down but the chef and his junior colleague were welcoming, attentive and provided a good level of service.

I will definitely return when I can.

Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended - sorely disappointed”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Went to this Inn after reading good reviews and it being recommended in a Bird Walking book. We arrived expecting a fire and inglenook areas to find a cold bar area and even colder staff. We were hurried to make a decision as there was a queue, 1 group came in behind us. Once ordered we had to get our own drinks from the fridge on the bar side, and when asked if there were any other tables got rudely told they only had what we could see. On investigation we found a seating area on the way to the toilets but it was being used as a dumping ground.

From our table I could see into the kitchens, the pasta seemed to be pre cooked and then warmed up in plastic bags, but on a positive note the chips were homemade although a bit salty to my taste.

As we continued to eat the Chef / barman bellowed at his pot wash, we could hear the whole thing and made us all very uncomfortable. The coke cola man was also there meaning / fitting a new system which made outrageous noises which just turned comical while we were eating.

The chef then proceeded to have a coughing fit while in the kitchen and from our view point we could see he continued to prepare food with both hands so where did the germs go? Needless to say we did not have a pudding.

We paid almost £40 for 3 people all on soft (only 1 each) drinks. To me it was overly priced and could have been so much more welcoming and friendly. The pub has huge potential but we were made to feel rushed and unwanted.

Not the relaxing lunch we had hoped for.

1 Thank EAHardie
Wales
“outstanding food at a great price”
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Called in when passing over the weekend and loved the food... special I had was stunning and the home made chips are to die for. The missus was looking for something a bit different to the menu and loved the smoked chicken the chef made for her!!!... great service and a stunning location to eat
will be back soon (will make sure the missus drives next time though!)