“Overnight stay”

Ranked #13 of 75 Restaurants in Brecon
Price range: US$7 - US$39
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Head Chef produces a menu which represents the best of seasonal cooking. Modern and traditional dishes sit comfortably alongside each other, all freshly prepared, using the best of locally sourced meat, fish and Welsh cheeses.
Reviewed 12 February 2019

Totally excellent!
Overnight stay between xmas and new year 2018/9
Accommodation and food incredible value (wowcher)
Never before had b&b AND dinner at this price!
The restaurant (chef) prepares food of the highest quality (local produce) and this is a bonus!
The accommodation//surroundings alone are well worth a stay, but with the additional dinner offer, you can't go wrong
We stopped in the cheapest room (presumably) because if the special offer, but all was totally excellent
We particularly loved the sound of the overflowing river, just below our room, and if you don't know the location, check it out before you arrive, it's rugged and rural, but set in an amazing castle structure (you can find out more in reception)
We only live about 35 miles away, but will definitely return.
Ideal bolt hole/romantic weekend

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 12 February 2019 via mobile

I have reviewed many hotels and I think this may be my first ever 5 stars! 5stars given for location, hotel, ambiance, food and last but not least staff! The customer service is some of the best I have ever received. Due to the recent snow we changed the date the day before arrival - no charge and no problem at all with handling the change. We arrived to smiling faces, all the information we needed and directions to our room. The room was beautiful with a large comfortable bed, high ceilings and amazing views of the snow topped mountains.
The meal which was included was lovely - with upgrade options - perfect! One of the best selections of lager I have experienced. Breakfast was also perfect - plenty of choice and attentive staff.
Would recommend and come again. Close walk to town and the river. Lovely, lovely break.

Reviewed 11 February 2019 via mobile

Small place first class food . Gurkha food is a little different cross between Indian and Chinese . Well worth a visit

Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

We made a reservation and were made very welcome.
The restaurant is pleasantly decorated and comfortable.
I chose scallops for starters and my partner selected the pea soup. His soup was very nice but I was a little disappointed with the scallops. At £8.95, I expected perfection.
For a main, I chose the rump of lamb. The meat was delicious but I would have loved some fresh vegetables. There was some peas and a few small strips of undercooked parsnip. Another in our party had the fish pie which was served with a lovely tray of green vegetables and was delicious. Another had the chicken burger which I was assured was very good too.
All desserts were ok.
The service was very good but we were disappointed to notice on the way out that there was a specials board. We could not see this from our table nor were we offered it.
Overall we had a very nice evening and will visit again.

Reviewed 22 January 2019 via mobile

Really varied and modern menu, moderately priced and very tasty.

Setting was bright, modern and comfortable - looked to be recently refurbished (or just very well kept).

Date of visit: January 2019