We pulled into the tight but secure car park quite late on a Friday night - armed with a bottle of wine and some nice Welsh cheeses. The owner showed us to our room, explaining that there's free on street parking across the road, should we not find a free space when returning. She also armed us with a knife, some plates, and glasses so that we could enjoy our bounty.
Our room was spacious and comfortable with a large ensuite bathroom and plush carpeting (in the bedroom not the bathroom). There is plenty of space for clothes and bags, and the bed is comfortable with freshly pressed sheets. Very nice!
There's also a new TV with a good selection of channels - and plenty of tea and coffee.
It's worth noting that we had one small problem which the owner dealt with immediately and professionally ... And gave us a bottle of wine as well. This was not necessary but certainly another sign of her professionalism and helpfulness.
Breakfasts were also very good. The usual full English for me and really well done scrambled eggs for my wife with plenty of coffee and OJ.
The owner reviewed our plans for the day and gave us helpful tips.
We'll be back and recommend this B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the Brecon Beacons national park, The Borderers guesthouse is a former coaching inn dating from the 17th century. 47 The Watton is shown on the oldest known map of Brecon: the 1834 - Plan of Brecon as the Lamb Inn. The Borderers is ideally situated for exploring the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park and is within two minutes walking distance of the centre of Brecon and it many attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Borderers Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borderers Guest House Hotel Brecon
- Borderers Guest House Brecon, Wales