“Excellent B&B”
Review of Ty Newydd B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brecon
Ty Newydd B&B
Ranked #5 of 43 Brecon B&B and Inns
Frome, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here 3 days last week. Bedroom & en-suite facilities were just right and breakfasts .. well! .... just have to be experienced. Rachel was very accommodating and nothing was any problem. J & J

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pocklington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at Ty Newydd for two nights when we had a wedding in Brynich in August. We had booked another B&B but they could not accept a check in after 9pm, however Rachel was more than happy to accomodate our late arrival. She was very welcoming (even though it was 11.30pm!) as we had had another wedding in Darlington on the Friday. The twin bedroom on the top floor was cosy and quaint with beautiful old beams and a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was delicious and there was a variety of options on offer. In addition, it was much better value than the B&B we had originally booked so we were pleased we had to change to go to Ty Newydd instead! Rachel was always chatty and friendly and we had a wonderful two nights' stay. We'd love to go back soon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ELLTravels84
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at Ty Newydd B&B for two nights in July. My friend and I arrived to a warm welcome and we loved our twin room which was up in the eaves of the farmhouse. Everything we needed for our stay was provided including toiletries in the bathroom and fresh milk for cups of tea. Breakfast was cooked fresh to order and very tasty. The location is excellent. You are just a few miles out of Brecon with some lovely pubs in neighbouring villages. We just enjoyed sitting outside with a cup of tea watching the sun set over the Brecon Beacons. There was also a conservatory where we could have sat if the weather had been wet. The setting is wonderful. I would definitely recommend and visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Beautiful canal-side location situated amongst a diverse suite of accommodation types (self-contained cottages, campsites and canal boats). That makes it sound busy (and indeed it is a popular site in summer) but I barely saw anyone during my stay, people just seem to disappear into the surrounds. Lovely room, professional but friendly hosts with two quiet children, gorgeous rural views.

I stayed in an attic room (room 1) and it was GORGEOUS. Sid was on hand to help get suitcases up the narrow stairs. Beds and pillows super comfy, I slept really well.

Great location for nature walks, and two fantastic pubs nearby for meals-- the Golden Oak (30 min stroll up the canal path in Pencellin) which was fresh, hot, big Welsh meals, and the White Swan in the pretty village (Llanvrynach) which was all about gourmet cuisine. You will barely need lunch thanks to Rachel's full Welsh brekky.

Well situated for experiencing the Brecon Beacons or anywhere in a 50m radius and so beautiful to come home to in the evening.

I'd def stay there again if I was back in Wales.

Really nothing to fault.

Room Tip: Room 1 is twice the climb but totally worth it for the high aspect and beautiful A-frame ceilings...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nikki B
Ipswich
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Lovely B and B. House, breakfast and facilities to a very high standard. Beautiful setting. Lovely family, great hosts - Sid even forgave us for setting off the smoke alarm at 5.30 in the morning. Bless him. We were staying with other guests and we were all racing in an extreme challenge and they went to great efforts to ensure we all had sufficient continental breakfast for our early start. Thank you so much. Karen and Nick

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Feels like a home away from home, congratulations Rachel and Sid on a fantastic B & B....I was here 3 yrs ago and knew I needed to put on my itinerary to return again.....not only once but we returned 2 days later.....each time staying in a different room all being of a very high standard. I couldn't fault anything. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are all spotlessly clean, breakfast very yummy with lots of choices. Can't wait to return again.

Room Tip: If you are looking for quality then look no further.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Llangollen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My second stay here, on business. So lovely and peaceful and friendly. I'm a poor sleeper, but this was a quiet as at home. Friendly owners. It is a lovely spot, by the canal and I enjoyed an early morning walk before the delicious breakfast and saw two herons

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brecon
Peterstone Court Hotel
#1 of 2 in Llangattock
Ty Helyg Guest House
Ty Helyg Guest House
#2 of 43 in Brecon

Been to Ty Newydd B&B? Share your experiences!