“Breakfast”

Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Brecon
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: Mexican, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A friendly family-run restaurant serving good quality home cooked food. Our cakes and desserts are all homemade on the premises. We serve food all day from 9am until 9pm, 7 days a week. Renowned for our cooked breakfasts, street snax and texmex menu after 6pm. Food sourced locally where possible. Beautiful views from our sunny terrace and plenty of parking.
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

A full english breakfast is superb here but for a change had a bacon & egg sandwich got to be truthful it was rubbish bacon under cooked egg ok and bread dry! And the same price as a full breakfast.

1  Thank GRAHAM H

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Called here the other afternoon sat outside in the sun had a good lunch with family menu is now even better as you can have tex mex any time of the day instead of just evenings always had a good meal when called in during the day or evening always fresh food & good service

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Trying to find a cafe open on a Monday in this part of Wales is not easy. This well sign posted cafe was welcomed. However the outside of the cafe needs a good clean up, and a tidy up in the garden. The young lady in the cafe needs a course on meet and greet, a smile would also be helpful. We did not eat as we did not feel welcomed, but the tea was OK.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

After a long journey home my partner was hungry and I was not; how on earth would we find somewhere to cater for both our needs at 5pm on a Sunday in Wales? I also have coeliac disease so eating out becomes difficult at times. We saw the sign for this cafe and pulled in on a whim.
We nearly wet ourselves! The menu had something to suit both of our appetites, in fact, it had exactly what we'd stated we'd wanted. The service was was warm and friendly, the atmosphere was lovely and the plants for sale found their way into my garden...
I found the menu varied and the willingness to cater for dietary needs pleasing. I had a lot of choice of both savoury and sweet and applaud the simple staples such as gluten free bread.
In a world where chains and poor service are becoming the norm, I crave places like this. It may be slower that people are used to but I'd rather that than plastic staff and food!

2  Thank PurpleBeez
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I would like to just say I am a frequent customer to this restaurant throughout the year because of the good food and value for money. On a recent visit we were sat at our table and had to wait at least 15mins for someone to ask for our drinks order and food order. Then we waited 50mins exactly, as by this time I was watching the time for when our food would arrive. During the 50mins I asked the waitress for another drink which never came so had to re-order once our food arrived. I understand it was busy but surely some prior notice to the customers that service is running late would speak volumes as the impression I got is this is normal. I would like to say food was good as it usually is but service wasnt great to the point of me deciding to try other local restaurants before here from now on.