“Bad experience..twice”

Rajpoot Indian Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 73 Restaurants in Brecon
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

First time I went here was for friends birthday meal. There was about 10 of us and everyone ordered their food according to hw hot they wanted. I orderd medium hot biryani but instead got a hot biryani wit big chunks of green chillies everywhere. Also few of the waiters need to smile a bit as it looked like they werent happy to see a big group of customers and werent very friendly either.

Second time decided to order a takeway with the family n as my family likes their currys hot we asked for a hot spicy curry, instead we got a mild tasteless curry. Very disappointing.

Will stick to Zeera restaurant or even microwave fud rather than this.

There are newer reviews for Rajpoot Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 3 February 2014

OK so lets start with the beginning. The staff( the waiter named Abdul) was trying to be over friendly in the beginning, the starters were average, the curry was also average but it went wrong when he got half-cooked chapatis, when we asked him to change the chapati's the chef cooked the same chapatis again and this time we got over-cooked chapatis ( it was hard to identify whether they were chapatis or poppadoms). We asked him to call the chef as we wanted to speak to him, he refused and said "Chef is busy and will not come", then I said we need to speak to the manager, he responded "I am the manager".

Then I put the plate ( with overcooked chapati) in front of him and asked "if you get this chapati severed, will you eat it" and he started eating the chapati. In the end he justified the whole situation by saying "When local people come here they eat quietly, we only have problems when Indian guys come to eat here". Of course you will have a problem because you don't know how to cook bloody Indian food.

It was a terrible experience and food was horrible ( I am surprised I didn't get food poisoning). I would rather suggest to get Indian food from Tesco, microwave it and eat. It will taste better and will be hygienic.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I would like to start with the food, the food was so bad that I had to ask the Waiter/Manager to take the food back and get fresh one. The second batch was worst than before as they tried to heat the same food which was taken back before. Please never order a Biryani at this place as normal cooked white rice will even taste better than that.

The waiter was annoyingly friendly at the start but somehow I managed to keep up with him. When the waiter was asked to call the Chef, he straight away refused. He was asked then to call the manager and surprisingly he claimed to be so (Which was even frustrating). The Waiter/Manager was asked to take out few items from the bill as they were not good and returned, he agreed to the decision but the items were added on the bill. Later he showed his skills of using the Card reader which were near to NONE.

Finally to make the things bad to worse, we noticed the Waiter/Manager was bad mouthing near the bar as me and my friends were leaving, but suddenly I suppose brother/father of his apologised.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

You are better off getting a microwave meal from Morrisons because thats all this was, add onto that the service was poor. The drink I had said on the bottle that it was out of date and the owner did nothing after it was pointed out to him

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had travelled a very long day and needed a good curry - this certainly fitted the bill, everything was nicely cooked and prepared and no waiting. The Manager was lovely - spent time chatting with us and couldn't have been more welcoming - we choose a variety of things and couldn't complain about anything - when next in Brecon we will be going back