All reviews welsh rarebit breakfast menu warm welcome attention to detail mini suite free public car park mini bar breakfast was amazing main road coffee machine bottled water lavash bread room was spotless town centre my partner stayed for two nights road noise
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Just got back from 2 nights at the Coach House and the only fault I can find , is that they have completely ruined me for any future breakfasts. Seriously good stuff. It was not only the food that was stellar , everything else was as well. Great location, easy parking & lovely hosts. The whole place was stylish & well thought-out without being stuffy or over the top. Most importantly , the beds were very comfortable & the bathrooms were well appointed & spacious. I particularly liked how outside each set of 2 rooms there was a small , sub-hallway, keeping everything quiet when you came in & up the stairs - nice touch. ( I find that sometimes at B&B's you feel like you are sneaking in past curfew at your parents’ house - trying not to make a sound. not so here) I hope my travels take me back to Brecon & if they do - I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
w4mcdf, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Wow thank you very very much for your great comments
we have just put together our new breakfast menu so please come back and try our new dishes
Thank you once again its guest that make us strive on - Tony & Marc

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My Partner & I fancied a sporting trip to Brecon so needed somewhere to stay. We found The Coach House on Visit Wales website & checked the reviews on Tripadvisor before booking.

Given an earlier review I had worried parking may be an issue but when I arrived in Brecon during the early afternoon I easily found the Coach House & the small free public car park behind the B&B. I left the car in the car park & went off for a bike ride in the mountains whilst my partner went running, returning in time for our pre-booked check in at 5pm.

Mark was very welcoming despite our wet & muddy states, allowing us to move the car into the small private car park attached to the back of the B&B for piece of mind & to leave our muddy boots in the hall.

The room was lovely - simply & stylishly furnished with plenty of space, despite being one of the cheapest rooms in the B&B. My partner described it as looking better than it did on the website photos & exceeding expectations. The room was nice & warm, though the temperature dropped off overnight - perfect for a good nights sleep.

The B&B was a short walk into town for dinner & the electronic keyfob allowed easy access back into the B&B at the end of our evening.

Breakfast in the morning was great. We both had the full Welsh Breakfast but we also heard great feedback about the Welsh Rarebit, which came with several options.

We would definitely recommend The Coach House to anyone visiting Brecon & wouldn't hesitate to return again in future.

Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank badgerpatrol
w4mcdf, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

What a nice comment. Thank you so much it was lovely serving you Marc and Tony

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Never written one of these before but everything about the place worked for me - and I'm really fussy. It's staff that make a hotel and the owners are just brilliant, prepared to do whatever you wanted. Coming and going was straightforward, and you were left to your own devices and not intruded upon. The room I was in was lovely and the whole place is rather cool. But the breakfast was the highlight. Absolutely stunning and almost worth visiting for that alone. The breakfast menu is incredible and my slight disappointment that I didn't get to try more there is just offset by the wonderful quality of the produce in the traditional cooked breakfast.

Room tip: My colleague's room - room 5 - had a double bed while my room - room 6 - had two single rooms.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you and we are so glad you had a good breakfast you are very king Tony

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We spent a few days in The Coach House enjoying our stay.
Brecon's weather wasn't so good but our host was very kind and helpful. Service was great and the place had a beautiful and relaxing minimalist design. Breakfast was exceptional, one of the best in our Welsh stay.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

It's so nice to get happy guests its what makes what we do all worth it. Tony

Reviewed 11 August 2012

My family and friends stayed here at the end of July for our daughters wedding. We were made to feel very welcome, the rooms are very tastefully designed with such amazing attention to detail and with a wonderful Welsh feel. The breakfast were delicious, nothing seemed to be to much trouble . Our special weekend was made even more special by staying here, thank you so much Tony and Mark.

Room tip: We took over every room, not one failed to meet the grade. But the one at the very top was even more special.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lynda950

We try our best to make every guests stay with us a great trip and we thank you so much for your time in writing your kind comments Tony