All reviews welsh rarebit breakfast menu warm welcome attention to detail mini suite free public car park mini bar breakfast was amazing main road coffee machine bottled water lavash bread room was spotless town centre my partner stayed for two nights road noise
Reviewed 27 October 2013

An excellent breakfast, a comfortable bed and friendly, helpful hosts. The Coach House is spotless and tastefully decorated with some original art and some lovely pieces of furniture. Although the Coach House is close to the road insulation is very good and noise was not an issue. The breakfasts were well cooked and presented and hearty...plenty of choice and some originals here. Welsh rarebit Pen y Fan was delicious and beautifully presented. It is a short walk to town which has a couple of good restaurants.

I will return for another break for sure! Recommended

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Victoriandavey
w4mcdf, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Nice to here you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to respond A BIG THANK YOU Tony

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My partner and I only stayed here for the 1 night just over a week ago when passing through the area and I booked based on the location and the reviews online - I'm pleased to say it did not disappoint! It was incredibly clean throughout, was modern, spacious and had everything you could possibly need in the room (I have to add that the bed and pillows felt as though I was sleeping on a cloud!). The host was really welcoming and informative answering any questions we had on exploring the local area and provided us with all the little extra touches such as bath robes so it really felt like you were at home. There is off road parking to the rear and the house itself is very secure. Being a Welsh girl myself, I really loved all the finishing touches in the house and I have to say the breakfast was the best I've had in many, many years! Overall, an incredibly outstanding place to stay, was great value for money and I'd definitely stay here again.

Thanks again for everything!

Room tip: Llywelyn superior king on the top floor was really nice and quiet
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BlackbirdTonypandy

YOU ARE SO VERY KIND We are so please you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms pleasing. We do try to put ourselves at all time in the guest point of view and look at our rooms as you would. Breakfast is also an important part of a stay and we again try our best to offer a great selection. We have a lot of positive comments on our breakfast and change them twice a year and always having about 15 plus items to select from. PLEASE CONE BACK SOON. Marc

Reviewed 12 October 2013

What a great place to stay, clean and tidy. Breakfast was wonderful, loved having the Laverbread, my husband loved the Welsh Rabbit. Had a great time walking around Brecon, great location. Was no trouble to book us into the local Bistro.

1  Thank BudeHavenGuestHouse

Thank you thank you ..... We are happy we could make your stay with us a happy one and look forward to welcoming you back to Brecon Tony

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I booked two nights at this B&B on 28 July, via their online system. I had spent the week before telephoning but getting no reply. I left a message which was not responded to. However, I went ahead with the online booking as the Tripadvisor reviews were good. We arrived on 6 September...and were met with a blank face....they had no record of our booking despite me having the print-out of the confirmation in my hand! Luckily for us there was a room available for the 2 nights we had booked but the initial disappointment wasn't much fun after a long day at work and an hour's drive. On the positive side - the breakfasts were excellent and enormous! The bed was very comfortable. Sadly, room we stayed in was small and the bathroom was tiny...but perhaps the main problem was noise late at night/early hours of the morning from the room above. Marc was friendly but we didn't feel particularly welcome - the two extra pillows we found and put on the bed were put away again when the room was serviced for us, and my electric toothbrush was unplugged! I'm sorry to write a review like this but we were rather disappointed with the whole thing.

Room tip: First floor rooms get noise from rooms above. A room at the front of the house gets a lot of road noise. Room 4 is very small.
Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank flyingdogs
w4mcdf, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We are sorry you feel we did not live up to the other guest positive write ups of what we do at The Coach House but we will strive to offer the best service to our guests. I'm sorry our housekeeper unplugged your tooth brush, but she must have done it when she was servicing your bathroom and as for the extra pillows, again we like to dress the room and the bed as if you are experiencing the room for the first time during the servicing, to make your stay comfortable and she would have but fresh pillows for your comfort not for any other reason, but again if that was wrong for your please except out apologies. Thank you again Tony and Marc and again a sorry from Bobin (our housekeeper)..

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at the coach house for the weekend for a family wedding. We felt like we were in a home away from home, made to feel welcomed from the beginning. The room we had was well equipped and cosy with everything we needed for our stay. The breakfast was superb, I had scrambled eggs with salmon. The eggs were the best I have had anywhere.. I was incredibly impressed. We would recommend this B and B to anyone and would definitely stay again :) thank you.

Date of stay: September 2013

Having gust look at our previous review you don't know how your comments has uplifted our hearts and we don't now feel so low,,,, it's funny that the weekend of your stay was the same two nights of the two guest we did nit get it write for .... But thank you once again for taking the time to write such a lovely comment ....., we do hope you come again