All reviews welsh rarebit breakfast menu warm welcome attention to detail mini suite free public car park mini bar coffee machine breakfast was amazing main road bottled water lavash bread my partner room was spotless town centre stayed for two nights excellent accommodation
Reviewed 24 October 2014 via mobile

My wife booked this B&B as we were attending a friends wedding held at the Barn at Brynach. A wonderful reception from the host, room was fabulous (rm 7) and modern, lovely big bed that was not to hard nor too soft. Beautiful all throughout and s very clever way of entering via a fob system rather than keys to get into the building, however keys needed to enter your room. Breakfast was a feast and our compliments went to the chef as it was great food. I'm Welsh and hate to admit it that I've never had Welsh rarebit until I stayed here. It blew me away. Soft, fluffy, mustardy cheesy goodness covered with an egg and crispy bacon, mmmm.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cardiff W, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2014

We are so pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable and you had a great time at the wedding. The Welsh rarebit is one of the most popular dishes we serve at breakfast but as you know just one of out 21 different selections... Hope to see see you again...

Reviewed 22 October 2014

My daughter and I recently spent a couple of nights at the Coach House and were very well looked after. We each had our own rooms at the front - the rooms were very comfortable and what really impressed me was the attention to detail in everything, the toiletries in the bathroom, the coverlets on the bed etc etc. The breakfasts were to die for - I had their wonderful Welsh Rarebit one morning and a mountain of mushrooms and bacon on a muffin with some laver bread the next, and was able to motor up the hills no problem with that fuel inside me! Marc made us feel very welcome and was a mine of local information! And it was very central, just a 5 minute walk into the centre of town, so very convenient. Just a couple of quibbles - I wonder why the wifi isn't included in the price of the room. And a 4.30 pm check-in time seems very late to me, particularly if you've driven all the way from London. But all in all a wonderful stay! We'll be back!

Room tip: Choose a room at the back of the house if you can.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you both for your kind comments and we do hope to see you again soon. Since your last stay we have now upgraded our broadband to bt infinity so even quicker speeds for our guests .... And even better news it's now TOTALY free to all our guest

Reviewed 10 October 2014

Spent a very comfortable stay at the Coach House. Superb room displaying high standards and attention to detail. The high quality toiletries were a much appreciated luxury after a long and stressful day at work. The owners were so welcoming and friendly - I felt like they were old friends! ...... And the breakfast! Well, just awesome and a perfect end to a perfect stay. I'll definitely be back, guys! Huge thanks.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
w4mcdf, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2014

Thank you so much for a lovely review and the kind words about our how friends you found us…. We do try to make your guest stay a great one and help with anything that may make the stay a little more like home from home Hope Caerphilly is well …. its my home town

Reviewed 5 October 2014

The Coach House in Brecon is the best b&b we've ever stayed in with the best breakfast range imaginable! The standard of accommodation was superb, small but perfectly formed......the welcome was exceptional and we would not hesitate to thoroughly recommend it to everybody. We stayed for two nights and would love to return for a longer stay next time. Brecon is a delightful place and The Coach House is very central with everything within easy walking distance - a perfect base for walkers & cyclists. Some good restaurants as recommended by Marc (particularly the Italian), and we just cannot praise the chef and his beautifully presented breakfasts highly enough - superb amazing range of dishes on the menu - wonderful - just go there!!

Room tip: Any room would be good......
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank janmills2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your evening at Roberto's we hope to see you back again soon Tony and Marc

Reviewed 31 August 2014

The Coach House is without doubt the best B&B we've stayed in. Marc makes you feel exceptionally welcome and having come here a few times it was like seeing an old friend. He is very knowledgable about the area and knows some great walks. The breakfast is awesome!!! The rooms are lovely, very subtle and calming. All in all, we love coming here :-).

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Was really nice to see you both back again and thank you again for your kind comments … hope your trip back to Bristol was a good one and love to see you both again Tony