Hazelwood House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsb btrouser pressfull welsh breakfastgreat parkinggreat guest housewater coolerwifi connectionironing facilitiesweek staygood sizereceived a warm welcomecooked breakfasthelpful with directionsmin walkbed was very comfortablebreakfast was excellentplace to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have stayed here on a number of occasions when visiting family, and have never been disappointed. This time was no exception. The rooms are scrupulously clean and comfortable, the sleep quality is excellent - huge beds, great mattresses and plenty of pillows. There is plenty of choice at breakfast time and it's lovely to have food freshly cooked. This time we happened to mention to Tony, the proprietor, that my Mother-in-Law was ill. We were very touched when he asked if we had any other family in the area as, if not, he said he would be happy to do what he could to help. Now that's what I call service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Just as all the reviews say. These people go over and above to give the best possible service. Certainly a superior quality accommodation. Great value for money. Great location. Free parking. Super clean. Great breakfast. What more could you ask for? The beds are also really comfortable
All the staff were very friendly. I'm surprised this accommodation would have anything but excellent reviews

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Lovely place to stay. Tony, the Inn Keeper, is friendly and a great help. Rooms are spacious and spotless. Full Breakfast is great value at £6.95. Quiet location, yet not too far from a variety of things to see in South Wales (lovely Country!). Staff are very polite and willing to please.

I spent a weekend here between a busy work schedule and I have no hesitation to recommend it... especially, when compared to places like London.

Perfect stay for a weekend away. Excellent value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2013

10 out of 10 Service means exactly what it says! Having returned to Wales after a very considerable length of time, Tony, the proprietor, went out of his way to make both my wife and myself feel at home. At expense to himself, he provided me with some traditional Welsh fare that is not as easy to come across as it used to be. The other staff members were also excellent in their service and the room and facilities were very nice indeed. I would more than recommend this place to anyone. Have a night there . . . you won't regret it! Forget that . . . have a few nights! From Rob & Ishnay, Brisbane, Australia.

Room Tip: Just trust Tony . . . they're all good!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Lovely bed and breakfast in a rural location. The owner Tony is lovely and really has been very helpful even booking our table in the local pub The Pheasant for us. The rooms are beautiful, spacious with a large en suite with a good shower (we stayed in room 4. Would I stay here again and recommend it to a friend. A resounding YES!!

If I am being ultra critical and only to give honest feedback I would make the following comments:-

I am not sure in a bed and breakfast establishment why breakfast is NOT included and the price is quoted as an extra. We had the full welsh breakfast at £6.95 each an the ONLY thing that let it down was the very average sausage. Everything else was excellent so why put sausages on the plate that were at best Tesco value? Very little meat in them.

The weekend we were there was bank holiday weekend so it was a little manic in the dining room at breakfast. The room itself is small when full and the very young staff we rather running around a bit like headless chickens. Tony was great though hardworking and on control.

As I said earlier I am being rather critical because overall the place is lovely and very friendly.

Thanks for the lovely stay and hopefully see you again

• Stayed: August 2013