All reviews small fridge telephone number one night couple of nights good size good nights sleep tea and coffee robert afan suite wifi tv cardiff accommodations shower kettle
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Bridgend was really just a pit stop for me, a town with the closest accommodation to my tour the following day. Even though it turns out I could have just stayed overnight in Cardiff, I am happy I popped in here. I arrived late in the evening and gave the proprietor a call from the bus station as per his request, to ensure someone would be there to greet me. The guesthouse was short taxi ride from the bus station. I am accustomed to walking to my destinations from bus stations so that was an unexpected expense, but that is my own fault for not looking into that... and the taxi driver was also a friendly fellow anyhow!

I did not know that this guesthouse is actually in 2 parts - so when I was dropped off I wandered to the reception area only to find it locked and empty. I was about to call back when I saw the proprietor standing out on the sidewalk. I actually had a room in the small house across the road. I was given a quick rundown on the keys and breakfast, and then left to my own.The room was very clean, comfy and warm. It was also quite big! Perhaps with slow bookings, I believe I had been given a larger room than what I paid for, which, after coming from a crowded 18-person dorm in a Cardiff hostel the night before, was very welcome. The small quibble is that the place is located on the fringes of the town - again, my own problem for not looking this up - but not really any nearby options to go have a dinner or a pint. Also, no maps in the brochure rack at the guesthouse, so make sure, if you don't have a vehicle, that you stock up on evening snacks before heading over, and make sure you have your bearings! As it was, I picked a direction and hoped for the best to find a small convenience store to pick up some snacks and drinks before settling in for a super relaxing night in a fluffy bed in this lovely room.

Breakfast in the morning was also lovely with attentive service and a very nice selection of food. The proprietor is extremely friendly and seems very interested in everyone's travel stories. Check out was easy/non-existent, just leave your keys on the dresser in the room when you leave. Lovely stay and would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Bridgend.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Shoogs80
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My friend and I were having our Christmas party at a near by hotel, but the hotel was full so we chose the new inn because it was very close by. My only quibble is that we didn't actually stay in the new inn guest house itself, we were housed in an ordinary house opposite. The accommodation was warm, clean and spacious and had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable. Robert the proprietor gave us a very warm welcome and was a very welcoming host and it was a pleasure to talk to him over breakfast. I just would have liked to stay at the inn or at least be told that I'd be accommodated else where. My overall experience was a good one.

Room tip: Find out where you'll be staying.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013

3 of us stayed for a couple of nights. En suite, nice clean bathroom & towels, Wi fi, tv, hairdryer, tea & coffee refilled next day even biscuits. Host very friendly & welcoming even accommodated our little dog which was fantastic. you have to cross the road to their breakfast building which is worth it for the excellent service you receive from Rob. Plenty of choice for a continental style breakfast but you do get table service. Our dog particularly enjoyed the ham and toast! £75 each for the 2 nights including breakfast makes this a top marks budget guest house.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Good, well run property. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Free wifi.Good Breakfast Good location and easy to find. Plenty of parking and easy to find. Godd Welsh warm welcome. Very good value for money overall

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen F
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The room exceeded expectations, clean bright well lit, user friendly shower, wi fi, and an empty fridge. The continental breakfast was generous with an excellent selection, fruit, yoghurt, a selection of tolls and cakes, ham and cheese, much more than most budget deals, and included in the price. plenty of parking. Its a main road location, very easy to find, but there is some traffic noise.

Room tip: The easiest parking and the breakfast room are in the right hand converted house across the road from the office. These rooms are therefore more convenient.
Date of stay: July 2013