“rugby trip”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bridgend
Perth, United Kingdom
“rugby trip”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

was down from friday to sunday for the scot v wales game , really enjoyed it , apartfrom the score of course ! , there where 3 of us , we all enjoyed our stay , nice clean rooms and the breakfast was excellent ,also staff where very helpfull .thanks , Jock mcbride .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank john m
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, the staff were friendly and you had a good breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back in future years for the Rugby Six Nation match weekends.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked 50 rooms for guests to stay following my daughters wedding reception .The organisation through out was excellent.; nothing was too much trouble -we were constantly updated.
The rooms were first rate ,staff brilliant (even at 0530 in the morning -still able to do beef sandwiches )
THANKS TO ALL THE STAFF.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear everything went well with your booking and the team at the Heronston lived up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
London
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night on a business trip. Free use of the excellent gym and pool was great, wifi decent and free. Bar menu ok and reasonably priced. Shower was dire scalding and hairdryer cold air only. Staff handled complaint well on check out reducing bill. A decent place for a short stay and good value.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tinkerbell216
Thank you for your review, I am happy to see you recommending the hotel and our staff. I will invesitage further your comments concerning the shower and hair dryer and would like to thank you for your feed back. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I attended a function in this hotel recently. Although it was very busy, the food was excellent as was the service and also excellent value for money. I would recommend anyone organising a function to consider the Heronstone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your function and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I bought a spa package for my friend and I then read some of the reviews and didn't know if I had done the wright thing but thought we'd have to go and see for ourselves.when we arrived to reception we were greated by a very polite receptionist and was asked to take a seat until someone would come and get us.we were then shown around the pool and spa area which we were really impressed with and we had a fab massage then we had full use of the facilities which was really nice had a light lunch which was lovely I would definitely recommend this spa as it was only 35.00 and I thought it was excellent value we hope to return soon in the near future id like to say thank you to the staff who we dealt with as they were really helpful.

• Stayed March 2014
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review, I am really happy to hear you enjoyed our new facilities and had such a good spa day. We look forward to your next visit.
port talbot
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Well I have visited this hotel back in June 2013 for a friends wedding and loved it then.
Decided to return for a nights stay and so glad that I did!
Staff on front desk when I arrived were friendly and welcomed me.
Room service was fantastic, polite and friendly staff when phoned through and the same when room service arrived.
The room was excellent, very clean, lovely comfy bed, clean bathroom, tv, etc. What more could you ask for!
I have to say the shower is the best shower iv ever had at a hotel!
I would recommend people to stay there :)
There is a refurbishment going on at the moment however this didn't bother or interupt my stay here.
I will definitely be returning to this hotel for another stay!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank roz89
Thank you for your review, I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and were happy with the service you received from all departments. We look forward to your future stays.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was brought a package for £35 for my birthday. This included, a meal, a treatment and use of the pool etc.
On arrival staff were friendly and helpful. I was shown to a table and offered a drink. I was told straight away this was not included in the price. I ordered and the food was fine. When I saw the price, thought it was a bit over-priced for a light lunch.
Sadly after finishing eating, I was then quickly taken into the treatment room, where I had a massage. Not the best thing to do having barely finished eating and then having to lie on your stomach. The massage was good but lasted 15mins and was £25. Which I thought was overpriced and you can get cheaper in London, where I live.
After the massage, I was given a robe and shown to the changing rooms for use of the pool, sauna and steam room. I was then left. I realised they had not provided me with a towel or told me I needed change to use the lockers. My mum was told towels were provided when she booked. There were no staff there or anyway to contact staff. I was stood in just a robe and could either get dressed and go to reception or remain in my robe, although that required walking through the hotel, restaurant and lobby. I decided to risk leaving my things unattended as there were barely any guests in the hotel and leave the locker, unlocked. I decided to try and use the towel robe post swim as a towel.
The facilities were small but clean. All was well, until relaxing in the steam room and then workmen arrived and were working in the room next door. They left electrical equipment in a pool of water in a box in the middle of the facilities. They were very disruptive. Also you are in your swimwear, so it made me feel aware of how little clothing I had on.
After 20 minutes I left, avoiding the muddy footprints the workmen had left. I then used the showers that had very weak pressure. There were no proper hairdryers and the changing rooms had loads of water over the floor, which was dangerous and people could easily slip. It was so hot and humid in there, that it was like trying to do make up and hair in midday Thailand. I ended up outside of the changing rooms, once dressed to finish my make up and get ready. As it was just so hot.
It is such a shame as all the staff on arrival seemed helpful. I think more thought and planning needs to be put into these new treatments and packages that have been recently put on sale.
Luckily neither of my parents came with me and I know they would be very upset, thinking I had a bad experience as my birthday present, which had a lot of thought put it into, as I had been under a lot of pressure at work recently.
With how things stand I would not recommend any treatments or visits until they are improved. Had I been a guest and not a visitor for the day, then at least I could have gone back to my from to finish getting ready or grab a towel.
It's a real shame to write this as I grew up in Bridgend and would love to said how great this hotel and what it offers is. Sadly I can't do this.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear you received a friendly welcome at the hotel, but disppointed that you did not fully enjoy the spa facilities and apologise for this. I hope you will use and enjoy the hotel and its facilities in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Bridgend hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgend
The Wyndham Arms
The Great House Hotel
The Great House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Bridgend
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel

Been to Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!