“Sound Proofing Required”

Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bridgend
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel was great however we did have 2 issues, it was all very clean the staff was friendly, but the bar did not accept card which was a bit of bother but the biggest problem with the hotel was with the room up above ours, it sounded as if there was no carpet on the floor and people walking and talking could be heard through the floor.
Our room was clean and spacious. I would stay again but on a top floor room.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William B
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read you were happy with the staff, cleanliness and meals at the hotel and I am sorry to hear you were disturbed by the bedroom above. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Driving past this hotel I noticed it now offers spa days, being fairly local and having had a tough week I decided to give it a go, and how pleased I am that I did. The welcome at reception was great, the lady explained the plan for the day. We then went to the bar area for lunch which was lovely and the new decor is fab! When we were ready we went to the pool which was lovely and the pool area was amazing! So relaxing with the moonlite atmosphere, just what I needed. The treatment we had was fantastic and the lady running the spa was so friendly. Thanks to all and I will definitely be returning

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank llpage
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your spa day and inparticular our pool area, your lunch and the treatments you recieved. All feedback we receieve is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I booked a spa day for me and 5 members of my family as a mothers day treat. When we arrived we were greeted and soon taken to the pool, the pool itself was lovely, however there were only 2 loungers around the pool, not ideal and what you expect from a 'spa'. The therapist came to collect 2 people for their treatments, however all the treatments were listed wrong, and not what we had booked. I explained that i rang and changed them at reception, the therapist was saying that its receptions fault, and they really should pass on messages, I didn't find this to be very professional. Unfortunately there were children screaming and shouting in the pool, and bombing off the sides, again not what you would expect at a 'spa'. Maybe they should limit times when children can use the pool. The treatments were just okay. We had a light lunch included in our spa day, options were very limited. We all chose a mixed meat platter which consisted of some lettuce, a slice of chewy beef , a slice of salami, 3 potatoes and a grilled tomato that was probably left over from breakfast. The bar area itself was decorated nicely. In order for this to be a successful spa I think ALOT of improvement is needed. I feel it ruined a mothers day treat and will definitely not be returning for a spa day again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jones296
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for your review concerning your day spa package, I am sorry to hear you did not fully enjoy your day. The feed back you have provided will be used to ensure we constantly improve our service in future. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future for a really relaxing day.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank WinstonHarrow

Reviewed 18 March 2014

was down from friday to sunday for the scot v wales game , really enjoyed it , apartfrom the score of course ! , there where 3 of us , we all enjoyed our stay , nice clean rooms and the breakfast was excellent ,also staff where very helpfull .thanks , Jock mcbride .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank john m
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, the staff were friendly and you had a good breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back in future years for the Rugby Six Nation match weekends.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked 50 rooms for guests to stay following my daughters wedding reception .The organisation through out was excellent.; nothing was too much trouble -we were constantly updated.
The rooms were first rate ,staff brilliant (even at 0530 in the morning -still able to do beef sandwiches )
THANKS TO ALL THE STAFF.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear everything went well with your booking and the team at the Heronston lived up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night on a business trip. Free use of the excellent gym and pool was great, wifi decent and free. Bar menu ok and reasonably priced. Shower was dire scalding and hairdryer cold air only. Staff handled complaint well on check out reducing bill. A decent place for a short stay and good value.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tinkerbell216

Thank you for your review, I am happy to see you recommending the hotel and our staff. I will invesitage further your comments concerning the shower and hair dryer and would like to thank you for your feed back. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgend
The Great House Hotel
Coed-Y-Mwstwr Hotel
Coed-Y-Mwstwr Hotel
#1 of 8 in Bridgend
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel

Been to Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!