The Great House Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$98
US$82
US$169
US$74
US$59
Priceline
The Wyndham Arms(Bridgend)(Great Value!)
US$54
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Bridgend Central Hotel(Bridgend)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Bridgend Pencoed(Pencoed)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
Premier Inn Bridgend (M4, J35) Hotel(Pencoed)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
US$124
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstasting menuafternoon teathe main housesauna and jacuzzifamily mealattentive without being intrusivebetween coursessandwichescheese boardlittle touchesfront of housescallopssunday lunchate herebirthday partyspecial occasionget together
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We live around the corner to the Great House, and therefore whenever we want a special meal we usually go here. The price is good for what is a top quality fine dining experience. Always relaxed and really feels like an occasion to go. I am vegetarian and never have a problem finding something I fancy to eat.
Staff are lovely too :)
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelenFoley
greathouse, Owner at The Great House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review us. Nice to know the neighbours are using us for their local. See you soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Didn't stay in the hotel but ate in the restaurant.
Got to say the service was outstanding from the owners and all members of staff,
The service complemented the food which was extremely enjoyable.
Would recommend anyone to eat here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
greathouse, Front Office Manager at The Great House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and your recommendation!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Great House on another occassion.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Really nice venue however, we booked a gathering which included a buffet; the service was good and the staff polite unfortunately all this was not congruent with the food which was offered. I spoke to the chief who was polite and tried to accommodate the slight change to the menu but on the day the sandwiches were basic, the crisps stale; I could not eat the pasties ( the pastry was okay filling awful) and as for the rest of it.... To be honest it was no better than pub food which I would have paid a fraction of the price.
I have visited this venue previously and enjoyed my meals there but I don't know what has happed standards appear to have slipped. Guests were offered to take home what was left but no one took up the offer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sureeta
greathouse, Owner at The Great House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write your review.
I am very sorry you were disappointed with the buffet you were served and regret that a difficult time for you and your family was made harder by your experience.
There can be no excuses for what appears to have been a failure on the part of our head chef and his team. For this we are truly sorry.
I have of course spoken to them and as a result of your comments, changes have been made to the menu.
We do hope that you give us the opportunity on a more pleasant occasion to make amends.
Once again we thank you for your feedback.
Norma Bond FIH.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and i were visiting Porthcawl too play some golf. The hotel reports in Porthcawl were a bit mixed and the Great House is only 5 minutes drive away. We were not disappointed. It's an old building nicely refurbished with a bit of character, low ceilings etc but all mod cons. Staff very keen to help they allowed us a 'flexible package' one night with a meal (Full choice off a la carte) and one night B&B with the option to upgrade. The food was excellent. Off road Car Parking. Although it is on a road it is quiet at night. We would not hesitate to go back, recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grinders13
greathouse, Manager at The Great House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and your recommendation.
We are very pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your golf break, and that you were looked after so well during your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Great House again when you can maybe try out one of the other golf courses in the area!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

If your on business and you want a home away from home where you can properly kick back and relax in the evenings then look no further you've found it.

I stayed here in August for 4 nights. It was fantastic and I could not fault it. The staff are brilliant even sorting out a cycling route for me to do before work. Initially I thought it was a little out the way for finding somewhere to eat in the evenings but the food in the restaurant was so lovely it was not an issue, even for a fussy eater like me. I stayed in one of the rooms away from the main hotel and it was wonderfully quiet and relaxing and did not feel at all like a hotel room more like a small flat. My only slight suggestion is they spend some money on the equipment in the gym as it is very basic but its fine for a couple of nights.

I can not rate this hotel more highly and when working down there again I will be booking in and have recommended it to my colleagues.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank runlabratrun

Thank you so much for your lovely comments.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your 4 nights with us and that the team looked after you so well. We try to make your experiences with us as homely as we can so we are very happy to hear that this comes across.
We have now removed our gym equipment and have ugraded the health suite into a spa with a full range of massage and beauty treatments and a relaxation area with sauna and jacuzzi.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when perhaps you could have a massage to relax after your bike ride!