“Been Twice So Far..and looking forward to the third”
Review of Court Colman Manor

and 1 more site!
Court Colman Manor
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bridgend
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Groupon deal..great value...staff pleasant and helpful...our room a large one facing onto the rear
of the Manor was lovely and quiet even with the wedding going on. The Bhokara meal was, as on our first visit totally sublime..best curry we've ever had in a restaurant and the waitress very helpful and attentive. Well done Court Colman! you've done it again..see you soon.Rich & Al x

1  Thank Richard O
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed both your stays with us. Thank you also for recommending our restaurant. We love it too!!! Hope to see you again soon. If you do visit us again, please make yourself known to me, it would be good to have a chat.

There are newer reviews for Court Colman Manor

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Recently stayed for an evening in the Japanese themed room which was lovely with a huge ensuite bathroom. Our friends stayed in the Indian room which they were also very happy with. We had a stay and dine offer which was really good value. The Indian meal was of high standard, we all enjoyed the evening. The breakfast was also very good. Unless you know the area, a sat nav certainly would help but it is clearly sign posted after leaving the M4. Would certainly take up this offer if it comes around again

Room Tip: Can recommend both Japanese and Indian themed rooms
1  Thank sunsilk88

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that both you and your friends sampled one of our themed rooms and even better that you all had a good time. I hope you get a chance to visit us again. Im sure you will appreciate all the changes we have made to the hotel since your visit. Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Unfortunately we only arrived mid evening and left the next morning and would have liked to have stayed longer. It's near the M4 but, being in the country, not particularly easy to find without satnav, but worth it. As an old manor house with lots of history, it is an interesting place to stay. Impressively spaceous stairs and corridors. We had been there in our courting days and our room of choice is in the 'attic', a massive room with wooden beams and uprights (watch how you go in the dark) along several stairs, corridors and doors. A lovely room with ensuite bathroom of impressive quality, chairs, sittee and nice view of the garden, fields and trees. The weather was gorgeous, with early morning mist to set it off. We had a supper in the bar before retiring for the night and the bed was huge. Great sleep and lovely breakfast in the morning. The staff were very capable and pleasant.

Room Tip: Go for an attic suite if you don't mind the climb.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BhuddaBean
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Just returned from a living social weekend at this hotel. Good deal got room, meal and breakfast included. The hotel is set in beautiful surroundings but we were hoping to be able to take long walks around the hotel but unfortunately the grounds are restricted to a short walk. There was a wedding going on at the time, must be great to have your wedding here but with only a small bar and lounge area, we felt like we were wedding crashers without being allowed into the disco itself.
I wasn't impressed by the indian restaurant as my starter was cold and under cooked, with my main pepper sauce was sweet which I didn't enjoy. There is a choice of either indian or mediteranean. Breakfast was choice of cereal, hot (warm) and cold buffet.
The hotel, rooms and staircase are beautiful, although they would benefit from a lick of paint, but the deals wouldn't be there to have then. The rooms have iron, ironing board and hairdryer included as well as drinks. Bathroom had shampoo and showel gel. Unfortunately, we couldn't have a themed room as they were taken by the wedding party.
I would recommend this hotel if you got a good deal on the price or you were having your wedding there. It isn't near anywhere else so you can't walk to another pub so I would suggest you take some form of entertainment for the evening if you do not want to be frustrated by a wedding disco you cannot attend.

Room Tip: Try and book early and get a themed room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tracynics_9
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I had booked the Indian room for my husbands 80th via an external website. When we arrived at the hotel the reception did not have any booking or reservation by my name and we had to make do with one of the standard ensuite rooms. This was very disappointed it being my husbands 80th and I wanted it to be special for us. The booking was done in january for a may stay and there had been no communication about this to the hotel. The staff were brilliant although they could not get us our room. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was included. Rooms were of very good standard. We will not stay there again but it is worth a visit if you get the special rooms...

1  Thank Davidpierce
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This was a truly wonderful stay and I would like to thank the staff particularly the young woman in the Bokhara restaurant for making it so. We booked this on a Groupon deal for just £89 for two nights BB plus a bottle of wine. The value for money was incredible. We stayed in the Venetian room which was massive and well furnished. The bathroom was huge with a Jacuzzi bath and very large separate shower. One tip here, the main switch to the Jacuzzi is on the wall socket next to the bathroom door. The whole place was spotless and comfortable. The hotel has very pleasant open views over the countryside with it's own extensive garden mainly laid to lawn but with some nice flower beds and various features such as a fish pond and waterfall. The building itself was akin to being in a National Trust property with many original features. The restaurant food was excellent as was service where you are extremely well looked after by the young woman who although on her own each night was efficient, friendly and nothing was too much trouble for her. We ate curries on both nights because they were so nice, but there were plenty of alternatives if you are not a curry fan. Breakfast was served in a separate room overlooking the hotel gardens. The quality of the breakfast was very good. All in all an excellent stay I would definitely stop again if visiting the area even if I had to pay a more realistic price.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a themed room, would certainly recommend the Venetian room
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I could hardly believe the review written by Doug-smith - could this be the same place that we stayed in? We had a Living Social Voucher and stayed on the 8thMay. The hotel had been busy with weddings the previous week-end but there were now only 4 or 6 guests so it was very quiet. We were given a friendly welcome and Sanjeev had told us we would not be disappointed in our room - he was right. We stayed in the Venetian room which was lovely - very big, large comfortable bed - delightful views from the windows and a glorious original ceiling to admire. Bathroom was stylish and had a jacuzzi bath - unfortunately we could not get this to work but we were so happy with everything that I forgot to mention this to staff.
The Indian meal in the restaurant (with a bottle of wine) was excellent - their awards were well deserved and I would really recommend the food here - service was friendly.
Breakfast next morning was very good - plenty of choice for both hot and cold food - served by a friendly waitress - I chose poached eggs on toast and they were served very quickly.

As we were checking out I asked if we could be shown around the hotel as there were no other
guests and no wedding that day. Caroline was delighted to show us - clearly she loved the building and took care to show us everything - from the lovely ballroom to the lounges. She did say that new furniture was being delivered for the bar lounge - but the existing sofas and chairs looked quite comfortable to me - and were not 'filthy'. Remembering some of the negative reports on Trip Advisor I asked to see a couple of 'standard' rooms - both were clean with good furniture and acceptable decor. We were not able to go up to the third floor so I cannot say if all the bedrooms have now been refurbished.

Our experience was that the staff were all friendly and efficient, our room was more than comfortable and everywhere was clean. I am sure the family owners have been spending a lot of money refurbishing the rooms and bathrooms and I hope when they have completed the
programme that nobody would be able to write a bad review. Some people are really nit picking but to say the place needs knocking down - a beautiful 200 year old building - is just not
true.

The outside does need a little more attention - but I think it is right to tackle the inside first.
If I had to find anything at all to suggest for improvements it would be really small things - like
putting some deep (non-slip) wax polish on the lovely floors and stairs and polishing the brass
finger and information plates - really minor things. By the way I would not recommend arriving after dark as this is in deepest countryside (lovely) and we found our sat nav was invaluable !

We did not use the fitness centre or swimming pool so could not comment about them.

I am with those writing good reviews of Colman Court Manor - and would be very happy to stay again. For us it would have to be another 'deal' as Wales is a long and expensive petrol journey from our home - but we would certainly visit again if another Living Social deal came up!.

Room Tip: We can only speak of the Venetian room which was a delight. We also saw two standard rooms on the s...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgend
The Great House Hotel
#2 of 8 in Bridgend
The Bear Hotel
The Bear Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cowbridge

Been to Court Colman Manor? Share your experiences!