“Overall not bad stay”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bridgend
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Overall not bad stay”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed last night as surprise for husbands birthday.First impressions good until we went to our room .Upgraded to the Indian room but really wish I had not paid the extra .Friends in standard room 113 had a much nicer room spotless .Our room had not seen a duster in a while furniture and fireplace filthy, windows awful, dirty cobwebs all over them paintwork peeling had not been cleaned in a long while, under bed was disgusting, obviously room only cleaned where dirt and dust is visible .Very disappointed with room as loads of hype for themed rooms. Awful nights sleep as Indian room is directly above function room so we had noise from a party below then when that finished had noise of room being set for wedding next day . On the plus staff fab food in Bokhara excellent. Would return to restaurant but probably would not stay as not worth what I paid and would certainly not upgrade .All in all we had a great night for husbands birthday but not quite the surprise I thought it would be. Have recently stayed in Premier Inn this was half the price and absolutely spotless, Court Colman please try harder!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank susan w
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. On this occasion, we are sorry that your stay with us didn't meet your expectations. However we were pleasantly surprised that you have decided to give us another try and we look forward to welcoming you on New Years Eve. I'm sure you will be happy with your choice of the French room.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Location excellent,rooms are of good size and clean and can be made spacious by reducing number of furnitures in the rooms.Breakfast is served fresh.Curry smell in the corridors may be because of restaurant next door.
Overall good stay will come back for stay.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank vijayteju
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit
Reviewed 22 November 2013

we stayed at court colman manor with a living social deal,the hotel itself is nice with nice friendly staff,We had reserved a table in the restaurant as it was stated that it was in the top ten indian restaurants in the country! we thought we'd be in for a treat.They do an all you can eat buffet,but it is very limited and my wife and i fancied other things that were on the menu so opted for the a'la carte.This is were are problems began,my mixed starter came out with four tiny bits of mixed meats and an overcooked and dried prawn and lots of salad bits to make the plate look at least half full !! I couldn't believe it,i was waiting for a camera or film crew to come out and say its a joke but realising it wasn't i took my plate up to the bar and asked the waiter if he got my order right bearing in mind that this costs £7.50 to which he answered that's what we normally give! I handed him the plate and said it's not worth the money he didn't say anything. whilst waiting for our main courses to come the chefs in the open kitchen were smiling at us and one even waved! This just goes to show how much they care about thier customers NOT !!! On receiving our main courses i just stared in disbelief i had ordered the monkfish which sounded great on paper but in reality it was four bits of previously frozen monkfish cut thinly and cooked until crispy and dried out the rest of the plate consisted of mashed potato and the obligatory half plate of salad !! and for this plate of slop i had to pay £13.95. I left my name and telephone number with the girl on reception and she said she would pass it on to the duty manager. its been 2 weeks now and hello im still waiting.My advice to future customers is have the all you can eat buffet if you must but i would drive to Bridgend to get a decent curry !!!!!

Room Tip: Italian room ok!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 186220Foodlover
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your actual stay with us. Its a shame that wasn't reflected in your rating. Sorry your experience at our restaurant did not meet your expectations. For all the happy customers we have, there are sometimes a small few who are not. I am always available at the hotel, if you would like to contact me personally to discuss this matter further.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Friends bought my wife and I a voucher for an overnight stay at Court Coleman. There was a nice feel straight away as the receptionist was nice and pleasant and the check-in process very easy. We stayed in the French room, which was spacious, well appointed and very comfortable, with a large jacuzzi. The restaurant is an Indian restaurant called Bokhara , and it is very nice indeed. It has won a number of awards and you can see why. It was a Sunday so we had the buffer, which was extremely nice. Service excellent. Nice atmosphere in the bar etc. Would definately recommend it.

Room Tip: Go for one of the suite rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
What nice friends you have!!!! We're glad you enjoyed yourselves and thank you for your favourable review. We hope you come to visit us again soon.
plymouth
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Its been a long time since I have been to the Court Colman Manor and this visit didn't disappoint.
I had booked a family room for 2 children and two adults and it was great. The room was very clean, very quiet , lots of space, warm and the bath was great to. All you want from a your accommodation.
We all had food in the restaurant and it was great value, great service and tasted great to, the staff were very welcoming and very helpful.
Beautiful grounds and location is great to , easy for M4 and local area.

Basically a Great stay, be back in the future. Thank you very much

Best wishes

Chris Hannah Evan & Gwen Hancock

Room Tip: Room 118 is a good size family room with a double bed and a single bed, more than enough room for a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chancock71
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad that your return to us was a good one. It is nice you family enjoyed one of our recently refurbished family rooms. Don't leave it so long before visiting us again.
Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed two nights. Food in the Indian restaurant was lovely. I would love to stay here again. Staff were very nice and helpful. My one problem was the bath had no rails to hold onto and I was afraid of pulling the taps off. A fit person would have no problems. I did not tell them I had mobility problems so my own fault.

Room Tip: I stayed in the India room overlooking the roof and trees. The room was very big and bed was very co...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. Your pictures were lovely too. We really hope to see you again. Next time please inform us of any requests with mobility you might have and we will be happy to help in any way we can,
Kent
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Fantastic listed building set in beautiful surroundings. Stayed in Italian room which was amazing. Impressive staircase and loved the photos of the celebs that had stayed there in the past. Sad but lovely to see the photo of Stuart Cable (Stereophonics drummer). Breakfast was plentiful and catered for all palets although I felt staff a little bit rushed off their feet. We dined in the restaurant and had a lovely indian meal served by pleasant staff. Would love to come back to stay and will definitely be eating in the restaurant again. Wishing the owners all the best in preserving this fantastic manor house.

Room Tip: Choose a themed room for extra luxury!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review and thank you even more for your kind wishes. I and all the staff are much appreciative. We would also love to see you again in the near future. Please hurry back and stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgend
Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa
The Great House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Bridgend
Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel

Been to Court Colman Manor? Share your experiences!