“Another good stay”

and 1 more site!
Court Colman Manor
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bridgend
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Having stayed here 2 times previously i am still quite impressed with the place. freindly staff and good service. the bokhara restuarant is as nice as ever with friendly waiters and chefs. Food was delicious. the hotel staff were very friendly including a young barman named carl who we encountered last time we stayed. a very enjoyable weekend all together. room was nice the bathroom was very nice as it looks like theyve renovated them since last time. they could do with renovating the rest of the place and taking a little more pride in what would be a great hotel

• Stayed: December 2013
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and you don't have to worry, we do take a lot of pride in what is a lovely hotel and building.

There are newer reviews for Court Colman Manor

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I spent one night at the hotel as a solo traveller in early December. I found the hotel full of character with lovely grounds. The staff were welcoming and efficient. My standard room (117) was very nicely modernised with all amenities in good order; this included free wireless wi-fi. Everything was very clean. I had a meal in the indian restaurant which was excellent and memorable as i was able to cook my own nan bread in the the tandori oven. I will certainly be staying here again and would strongly recommend the hotel. The hotel did seem very quiet during my stay, but I have no reason to think it would not cope well when there are more guests.

Room Tip: The standard room was very nicely modernised. I was above the dining room but experienced no noise...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and you had the pleasure of dining in the Bokhara restaurant. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

On 1st December 2013 myself and 7 friends dined at the Indian Restaurant .We chose the buffet option , which was well priced at £10.99. There was plenty of choice - both for those who liked to eat a milder option and those who liked theirs hot and spicy.
The room was beautifully presented . The food looked and tasted amazing . The staff were friendly and very helpful .
We all had a great time and will definitely be dining there again.
Thank you to the staff and my friends for making my birthday meal special.
Susan Hughes

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. We really appreciate it and we are glad you had a good time at our restaurant. We look forward to giving you the same welcome next time you visit.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The only good thing of my one night stay was leaving the next morning.
There was a half eaten tray of food outside the room opposite when I checked in at 7pm and it was still there at 8am the following morning adding to the all pervasive smell of curry.
Dated, tired and scruffy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John F

Thank you for your review. We do have a system in place when a customer orders room service they are advised to either keep the tray in their room or call reception if they would like the tray collected. Unfortunately on this occasion they did neither. So we didn't know the tray was outside the room. We are terribly sorry that this incident ruined your stay with us.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed last night as surprise for husbands birthday.First impressions good until we went to our room .Upgraded to the Indian room but really wish I had not paid the extra .Friends in standard room 113 had a much nicer room spotless .Our room had not seen a duster in a while furniture and fireplace filthy, windows awful, dirty cobwebs all over them paintwork peeling had not been cleaned in a long while, under bed was disgusting, obviously room only cleaned where dirt and dust is visible .Very disappointed with room as loads of hype for themed rooms. Awful nights sleep as Indian room is directly above function room so we had noise from a party below then when that finished had noise of room being set for wedding next day . On the plus staff fab food in Bokhara excellent. Would return to restaurant but probably would not stay as not worth what I paid and would certainly not upgrade .All in all we had a great night for husbands birthday but not quite the surprise I thought it would be. Have recently stayed in Premier Inn this was half the price and absolutely spotless, Court Colman please try harder!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank susan w

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. On this occasion, we are sorry that your stay with us didn't meet your expectations. However we were pleasantly surprised that you have decided to give us another try and we look forward to welcoming you on New Years Eve. I'm sure you will be happy with your choice of the French room.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Location excellent,rooms are of good size and clean and can be made spacious by reducing number of furnitures in the rooms.Breakfast is served fresh.Curry smell in the corridors may be because of restaurant next door.
Overall good stay will come back for stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank vijayteju
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 22 November 2013

we stayed at court colman manor with a living social deal,the hotel itself is nice with nice friendly staff,We had reserved a table in the restaurant as it was stated that it was in the top ten indian restaurants in the country! we thought we'd be in for a treat.They do an all you can eat buffet,but it is very limited and my wife and i fancied other things that were on the menu so opted for the a'la carte.This is were are problems began,my mixed starter came out with four tiny bits of mixed meats and an overcooked and dried prawn and lots of salad bits to make the plate look at least half full !! I couldn't believe it,i was waiting for a camera or film crew to come out and say its a joke but realising it wasn't i took my plate up to the bar and asked the waiter if he got my order right bearing in mind that this costs £7.50 to which he answered that's what we normally give! I handed him the plate and said it's not worth the money he didn't say anything. whilst waiting for our main courses to come the chefs in the open kitchen were smiling at us and one even waved! This just goes to show how much they care about thier customers NOT !!! On receiving our main courses i just stared in disbelief i had ordered the monkfish which sounded great on paper but in reality it was four bits of previously frozen monkfish cut thinly and cooked until crispy and dried out the rest of the plate consisted of mashed potato and the obligatory half plate of salad !! and for this plate of slop i had to pay £13.95. I left my name and telephone number with the girl on reception and she said she would pass it on to the duty manager. its been 2 weeks now and hello im still waiting.My advice to future customers is have the all you can eat buffet if you must but i would drive to Bridgend to get a decent curry !!!!!

Room Tip: Italian room ok!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 186220Foodlover
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your actual stay with us. Its a shame that wasn't reflected in your rating. Sorry your experience at our restaurant did not meet your expectations. For all the happy customers we have, there are sometimes a small few who are not. I am always available at the hotel, if you would like to contact me personally to discuss this matter further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgend
The Great House Hotel
#2 of 8 in Bridgend
The Bear Hotel
The Bear Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cowbridge

Been to Court Colman Manor? Share your experiences!