“Great location superb curry”
Review of Court Colman Manor

Court Colman Manor
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bridgend
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed on a 2 night deal and had asked to be upgraded to one of the themed rooms. We got the Venetian Room which is very spacious and has a great view out over the lawn, fields and trees beyond the front of the Hotel. The room was clean and the sizeable bathroom has a large shower and jacuzzi bath (if only I'd known there was a switch in the main room to turn it on !). We found the mattress a little soft for our taste but I guess that would be down to personal preference. The breakfast was ok but a little more effort is needed there to make it better, it was more like a high street cafe breakfast than one suited to Court Colman. The Bokhara restaurant on the other hand was excellent, both my partner and I agreed it was the one of the best Curry's we have eaten and the Naan bread and Poppadoms were the best. The Hotel has lovely grounds and it looks like they are in the process of improving them as there seem to be works going on around the back. There is definitely room for improvement, for example a broken fridge dumped at the back of the hotel isn't great to look at but Court Colman is an old Tudor Manor and for it's few faults has bags of character and charm. Overall we enjoyed our stay there and would not hesitate to go back. Just down the road (8 miles) you have Dunraven Bay which can have spectacular sunsets (see photo), we were lucky enough to see one on both nights

Room Tip: The Venetian room has excellent views over the front of the hotel and fields beyond
1  Thank 332andiw
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have taken on board all the comments you made and we will aim to make the improvements you suggested. Please feel free to come back and visit us again soon. I am sure you will have just a good a stay as you had last time. You need to come back anyway, if just for your favourite curry.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a lovely place set in a lovely area. We used a Groupon voucher midweek and stayed two nights whilst our son was on an outward bound holiday with school. We got upgraded to a themed room which had a lovely view and was very pleasant. The staff were lovely and very helpful, with a great breakfast. We also ate twice at the hotel restaurant, which is award winning, the food was excellent. We would defiantly come again, it would be ideal for a wedding also.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
1  Thank MancFletch

Thank you so much for your kind review. It seems like you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. Its good to hear that you will definitely coming back to visit us. We look forward to it.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed last night to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. For the £53 we had Moroccan themed suite, 1 nights stay bed & breakfast and... a free bottle of wine if dining in the Indian restaurant, which we did and there was a buffet for £10.95. Absolutely amazing and I will be returning if they do future special offers. Staff nice, we had friends come to meet us there and they were with us til 12.30am very accommodating. Fantastic romantic stay :)

Room Tip: Moroccan Suite
1  Thank pookieljhb

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for posting your lovely pictures. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you chose us for anniversary stay. We would love to welcome you and your friends back to the manor, so come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for the weekend from 11-12th July. Arriving outside the hotel the grounds are lovely, hotel need painting but still looks pleasant enough.

Checked into room 212, well what can I say. The room is seriously dated, not Georgian as stated on the website. In desperate need of decorating or failing that clean the walls and the room in general.

Bathroom can just be described as down right dirty, from cob webs, to mould & mildew in the shower. Shower head is brown, thick with dirt and soap dish is growing mould. Toilet brush was filthy and just needs replacing.

Having got this off on living social, paying £90 for the whole weekend. We would have at least expected a clean room. Especially seeing as this is advertised at £240, it's very disappointing.

Don't get me wrong the rest of the hotel is fine, breakfast very good & Indian restaurant is nice enough. Just room 212 should be avoided. From the theme rooms they all look lovely, just a shame we didn't get one. We did ask about an upgrade before arriving, but was advised it was fully booked. So didn't wasting see the point in wasting our breathe.

We overheard the manager saying the hotel is going on 'Four in a bed' next week, we just hope the guests don't get put in room 212. Watching the show as I type this & all the rooms are spotlessly clean. All I can say is .... What wrong with ours.

We have stayed in many hotels around the world, and this has got to the dirtiest bathroom out. We have added pictures of the mould etc, before the manager goes off on one as he previously has, at a negative review before.

Apart from that, it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2014
12  Thank N-QUARTLEY

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I am glad to hear that your stay with us overall was a pleasent one and you enjoyed most aspects of the hotel. From your review, i understand your grievence is with the room you stayed in. As you do say, we have a variety of rooms of all different shapes, sizes and themes. We are in an on going process of refurbishing all the rooms and the room you stayed in is going to have a major change very soon. I understand that this does not help or change your experience with us.It is always unfortunate when someone says in a review that they didn't see the point in wasting their time by telling us how they are feeling. We may have been fully booked when you booked but sometimes circumstances change and rooms become available or we could maybe have found a way to make your stay with us a better one.
If you do ever decide to stay with us again, please feel free to make yourself known to myself and i will be happy to walk you around and show you all the improvements we are making and talk about the grievences you had with your previous stay. The whole exterior of the hotel was painted at the start of August, thanks to your review. I am sure you will be impressed by the result.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Myself and my wife married on the 31st of August 2012 @ The CC Manor - so this review is a tad late! However, we have returned many times since and will continue to do so for many years to come. The quality of the venue is surpassed only by the first class customer service and attention to detail provided by the staff. Nothing was too much bother for anyone, and every request of ours was met instantly.

The Bokhara Brasserie located at the back of the hotel has been named the best curry house in Wales on more than one occasion over the past few years, and its easy to see why when you go there. We opted to have an Indian buffet as part of our evening meal at the wedding, and people still rave about it now!

If you are in the market for a wedding venue, an overnight stay or a curry - look no further.
Diolch yn fawr eto!

Room Tip: The Venetian Suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CJS1984

Thank you for taking the time to review us. In this case it is definitely better late than never!!! Thank you also for your continued custom. We were proud to host your special day and we love when you come back to visit us. We hope to see you back at the manor very soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This fantastic hotel out in the countryside but only 5 minutes from Bridgend is one of the best we have stayed in. Staff very helpful, rooms clean and tidy with an excellent breakfast of full English or continental. Also an evening meal in there award winning Indian restaurant is every bit as good as it sounds. Only problem we had, was our towels, after having a shower the largest towel is to small to wrap round my waist. And the outside grounds need a bit of tidying up but nothing serious. We will be back .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LJBCarmarthenshire
sanj b, Owner at Court Colman Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. "A hidden gem" is a lovely way to describe us. Hopefully next time you stay with us the little things you mentioned will be sorted. We understand that our gardens are an important part of our hotel and we employ a gardener to keep on top of things. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We held our wedding reception at Court Coleman on the 31st May 2014 and from the very first visit and meeting Elinor (our wedding planner) we knew we made the right choice.

Each time we went to visit and ask more questions we were always met with a big smile and nothing was too much trouble. We were constantly put at ease, even the week before the wedding Elinor took all my stress away!

As I decided to stay at the hotel the night before the wedding I was slightly worried about breakfast the following morning for my bridesmaids as our hairdresser came for 7.30am but once again it was taken care of by having room service which was a beautiful touch.

Once back from the church we had the string quartet and welcome drinks and after a short while then went through to the room for the wedding breakfast and it looked beautiful. I was lucky enough that my mother in law supplied all our chair covers and sashes (and made all the dresses including mine) so I would highly recommend having the chair covers which can even be booked through Elinor, it does make a huge difference!

The food we had was very nice indeed and the chicken was beautiful.

We didnt have a band in the evening and we made do with the resident DJ I would say if Im honest is get your own DJ. He didnt communicate very well with my husband on the lead up to the wedding regarding first dance etc and on the night I saw him a couple of times sat down on his phone and not really putting much effort into his work. I have seen better DJ's and I am far from fussy!

I did ask for all my wedding cake to be cut up for the evening guests and this was done with no problem at all and plates/serviettes all supplied, my only wish which I didn't think about till the day after was that when they took the left overs of the cake away I wish they had wrapped it or covered it, we had a lot of cake go to waste which I could have dished out the day after the wedding, this was only a minor blip though.

All in all the setting is stunning and plenty of choice for photo's be it dry or raining. Elinor is a fairy god-mother as I kept calling her and a top rate wedding planner and the food delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel for your perfect wedding.

Room Tip: Venetian room is stunning.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your lovely review and thank you for posting your pictures. We are really glad that you chose us to host your special day. I am glad you heaped praise on Elinor, nothing is too much trouble for her and she sometimes does not get the credit she deserves for the endless work she puts in at the hotel.
Make sure you come and visit us again soon, we love catching up with our happy couples.