“Don't eat here unless you have to.”
Review of Cedar tree

Cedar tree
Ranked #61 of 87 Restaurants in Caerphilly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Next to premier inn corbetts lane
“Don't eat here unless you have to.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I decided to try to eat here again after several people had told me how much it had improved recently. They were wrong! Cold food, chewy roasties and a lack of vegtables followed by a weak coffee. Try somewhere else!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Amanda B

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Waiter and bar staff rude! Cold food”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Had family visiting and staying in the travelodge so decided to give the cedar tree a try... The snappy woman serving behind the bar and the waiter plonking our meals down in a huff made us feel like we were an inconvenience!! Meal cold so sent it back , not to be fussy ( this is the first time I have sent a meal back as it was not even luke warm). I think the staff should be more approachable and appreciate anyone's custom! Wouldn't go back even if they offered me a free meal because it's not only about the food (which wasn't nice anyway) it's about going somewhere you feel comfortable with a good atmosphere. Lastly I feel sorry for the poor waitress who tried to salvage such bad service by the others thank you and YOU only for your service!

2 Thank Daviespartyof8
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Be warned of the bank holiday Monday con and deceit”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Today me, my partner and my elderly mother went here for a carvery, the carvery options were barked at us by the first waiter we saw and we were quickly ushered to a table. The service was appalling, we had to go and find a waiter for our drinks. After the meal when the bill arrived it said "SUNDAY CARVERY" (more expensive than any other day) but the day is bank holiday monday, my partner checked all the advertising boards outside and we read the small print on all menus, nothing stated a sunday price for bank holiday monday meals. We asked a waiter about this who gave instant attitude and sarcasm, but then himself checked and found out we were right, so asked his manger to speak to us, said manager came out, also with instant attitude and asked what our problem was, we stated there is nothing to say about being charged the extra sunday price anywhere, his response was that he'd worked in the industry 25yrs and thats just standard practise on a bank holiday monday and theres nothing he can do about it. False advertising and deceit, disgraceful. There were other people complaining about this and they were getting the same attitude back off the staff.

We will never go here again, the 2 waiting staff and the managers attitude were disgusting. Be warned people

• Visited May 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
“great Breakfast”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was good value breakfast and you could go up as many times as you like, in my opinion the continental breakfast was better, because you had to get the timing right with the cooked breakfast or wait until fresh eggs were cooked. As we stayed in the Premier Inn next door, this was very convenient

Visited May 2014
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Carvery”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have, many times in the past, called in to The Cedar Tree for the mid-week carvery and have never been disappointed. The food is plentiful and delicious and the staff are helpful and welcoming. I have never had cause to complain and would recommend them to anyone. The meals are a good value for money and the place is also child friendly.

• Visited February 2014