“Going to a wedding at the castle”

Premier Inn Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Caerphilly
Southport, United Kingdom
“Going to a wedding at the castle”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Typical Premier Inn. They do what they say. Friendly and enthusiastic staff. Great room. Huge bed. Only 'downer' was that the room wasn't serviced after our first night. Got back after the wedding too late to do anything about it. Went to reception to get coffee, tea, sugar and milk. The pub serves great food, excellent steak for dinner. Enjoyed the breakfasts, hot and tasty. Fantastic poached eggs. I can see why some guest reviews say that the breakfast was cold. Seems that the chef cooks all of the food at the same time [except for the eggs] and puts everything on the hot plate to dry out. So get there early !!!

Room Tip: Our room had been recently upgraded so everything was pristine. A huge flat- screen tv.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Sheffield
Reviewed 13 August 2013

It's a typical premier inn, but that's the best thing about it. You know what you're going to get. Set in nice surroundings though. The pub next door could use some updating but the carvery is excellent value and very tasty.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main road if you like your windows open while you sleep
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Tony R, Manager at Premier Inn Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thankyou for your kind comments regarding your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier inn Corbett's Lane.
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed for one night here after a concert in Cardiff (just a cheap quick train ride away and avoids Cardiff prices) and arrived after midnight. It's a 15 minute walk from the station but that's OK on a summer's night. We were warmly greeted by the Receptionist who was chatty and made us feel very welcome.

We went to our room (room 12 on the ground floor) and were very pleasantly surprised. The room was large, very clean and nicely decorated. We had booked a twin room but in fact got a double and separate single bed. The beds were very comfortable. The room was warm after a sunny day but we were delighted to find there was a fan which we plugged in and it cooled the room nicely. I was very pleased that the hotel now gives you 30 minutes free wifi, which was long enough for me to download emails etc

All good then - until 8am the next morning when our hopes of a late sleep in were spoiled by hammering in the room above us. Then a few minutes later, banging and clattering outside our window. On drawing the curtains we discovered a building site outside or window with builders moving round, shouting to each other and generally making a racket.

So, we got up! On the plus side the shower was very good. We didn't have breakfast there but the hotel is right next door to a pub which does the breakfasts for the Premier Inn.

There was nobody at Reception when we left so I complained via their website - and after some delay and repeating the process, I did get a call from the hotel's manager who apologised and said that my charge for the night would be refunded. He said that there had been a warning on the website about the possible noise (some work on the hotel) but conceded that it may not have been there when I booked as that had been some time before. I did point out that had we been told when we booked in we would probably not have complained.

So, assuming the building work has now been completed, I recommend this as a good value place to stay

Room Tip: Check about the building work before you book!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed there for 1 night on a business trip, checked out and left, but got a phone call from them an hour later saying I had left my Kindle behind. I went back later to get it and had a few pounds to thank the person who had found it, but was told it was ok there was no need for the money. I asked again if she was sure and she again said there was no need. I just wanted to say that I really appreciated their honesty as the Kindle was an anniversary present from my wife and was of sentimental value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Crickhowell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We booked here because of the location which was good, the rooms were clean and the checkin ok. However when asked if we could stay an additional night I was informed that they would get back to me which never happened.
We booked for breakfast which was terrible, the staff sat and talked the whole time we were there, they were not helpful and didn't offer any assistance regarding the way things were running that morning. The help yourself buffet breakfast was processed and over cooked.
We booked for an evening meal which was a disaster the food took an hour was over cooked and some items burnt. Staff were not helpful we even had to ask for cutlery and serviettes quite awful do not bother eating at all, I would go to the burger van in the lay by a little further down!

Room Tip: Ground floor was quite spacious, ours was facing the car park which didn't bother us at all.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I can highly recommend this Premier Inn. I have nothing bad to say about it. Staff were friendly, the room was comfortable and was very clean too. However don't bother going to the restaurant. The staff are very unfriendly. We just had toast so it wasn't too bad but I hope they can find other staff to take it over.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Bangalore
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I was here with a small group of friends. The rooms were perfect. Rightly sized, bathroom big enough and super hot water to give a day a great start.

The choices for breakfast also is awesome. Though its not free, its still way better than may choices available in the near vicinity.
The check-in was very smooth, thanks to the great folks at the reception.

The location is beautiful, its a little away from the city, but close to a train station.

Not sure if I will go back to this city again, but if I do, this hotel will be my first choice.

Only negative I can think of is that the rooms facing the road are a little noisy considering the heavy traffic.

Room Tip: If you like to keep the windows open, chose the rooms which face the woods and not the road. (more...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caerphilly
Travelodge Caerphilly Hotel
#27 of 73 in Cardiff
Village Hotel Cardiff
Village Hotel Cardiff
#17 of 73 in Cardiff

Been to Premier Inn Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) Hotel? Share your experiences!