“What you expect”

Premier Inn Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Caerphilly
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed one night for the RL World cup in Cardiff,location is good but would suggest a taxi to railway station. we walked and it took a good half hour. Hotel is good and clean. Reception staff are fantastic, helpful and really good. We had a problem with the shower in the morning, it hardly worked which was a pain.
We had breakfast in the pub next door which was ok, standard buffet breakfast. staff could have been a bit cheerier, really grumpy.
Would recommenced if visiting Cardiff.

Room Tip: Get a taxi to the train station. £4
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) Hotel

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Staff were friendly and welcomed us on arrival. Booked for Room only so can't pass comment on food or anything.

The room was tidy and clean; it had a comfortable sofa in the corner which I found ideal. Only thing in the room that needs to be reconsidered is where they have placed the hair dryer. This could have been better placed for example by the table where you can sit down to dry your hair.

The bathroom facilities were brilliant no spare towels though so myself and my partner had to share. Which wasn't bad for me as I got first dibs and he had to have the wet towel after me. We did check the room and no doubt we could have phoned and the hotel would have provided us with another but bit late by the time you've already had a shower. So be worth checking this and getting another towel first when you stay.

I had no sleep myself, my partner managed to have about an hours sleep; the mattress didn't help to be honest as I personally found it really uncomfortable as it was too firm; I understand and can see why hotels choose a hard mattress due to wear and tear etc but it would have been nice to have maybe a memory foam topper or something just to soften it a little. Pillows decevingly look big but flatten like a pancake when you put your head down. This doesn't go against the hotel as it is all personal preference at the end of the day and Premier Inn being a budget hotel you get what you pay for. If you want luxury/comfort to your own standard then stay at home.

The hotel was quiet; yes there is traffic going by in the nights when you have the window open you can hear it but I live by a main road myself so I am used to this and didn't think it was heavy traffic either.

All in all average room; shame there was no sleep for me but wouldn't say I wouldn't go here again. Just next time I'll try to sleep on top of the quilt.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 28 furthers away from reception so little to no disruption from other hotel guests.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This premier inn is very good. Staff very friendly and informative. However the pub that provided the breakfast needs a lot to be desired. The food was not good quality. The crockery still had dried food on it. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We arrived to be greeted by very friendly staff. They explained about the hotel breakfast policy and wished us a pleasant stay. We had a very poor supper in the restaurant next door as the Carvery was closed due to unforeseen circumstances. But the staff in there could not care less and we noticed that the manager was standing at the end of the restaurant kissing another staff member, not what I want to see when I am out for supper. The quality of food there was bad.
We returned to our room for a nights sleep, but then realized that there was no air-conditioning in the room and would have to keep the window open all night, but loud traffic noise was the least of our problems. The mattress was like a wooden board, there was no give at all. Neither of us slept that night and were completely exhausted in the morning. Went for breakfast which was adequate, but the sausage was the weirdest I have ever tasted.
Then we went to check out they asked if we had slept well, and of course we replied no. They were very good about it and explained that the hotel has a 'Good nights sleep' policy and preceded to give us a full refund, which was not expected, but very welcome. The room it self was very good and the shower equipment was some of the best I have seen in any motel.
But we will not be using the Premier Inn chain of hotels ever again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed here with my son in a twin room for one night. The room was ok, relatively clean (maids need to remember to dust the light fittings now and again), One of my personal pet hates about Premire Inn is the height of the bed .....as a quite short person it is a mammoth task to climb up into the bed.

The bathroom was standard, sadly the cleaning service obviously don't check the soap situation as the hand soap dispenser was empty. They also only left one hand towel and one bath towel for a room being used by two people (this was rectified very quickly by the staff on reception who were lovely) I also hate that the shower head is fixed meaning my hair was gonna get wet no matter how hard I tried to prevent it.

There was a lot of traffic noise with the window open but once it was closed this did settle.
As a Premier Inn it was standard and nothing to get excited about.
After a disasterous meal in the restaurant next door (strongly advised you to find somewhere else or get a take away) we returned to the room.

Noise levels .........well inconsiderate guests who were banging on doors and laughing/giggling while trying to get into rooms you have to put up with for a while and to be honest it did settle eventually. For me though was the difficulty of the anjoining room door. Through this we were treated to all the conversation, TV viewing and other goings on from the folks next door.

The staff were lovely both on checking in and checking out.

My advice would be to ask for a room far away from the road and to avoid a room with an adjoining door (unless voyerism is your thing)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed here back in March after being at Cardiff expo. Reception staff very friendly and helpful especially when I asked for extra bending for son who refused to share a bed. We payed for two rooms, which did not break the bank! Both rooms were large and very clean. The beds were a dream to sleep in and the shower was amazing. We found our stay very peaceful and will gladly come back.

Room Tip: If you don't want any traffic noise then request a room at back of hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Builders were still around even at 8pm on a Friday evening when we arrived but staff were very friendly and our rooms had been refurbished and were lovely , very modern and clean, restaurant in the near by pub were reasonably priced and the breakfast was plentiful, would return.

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caerphilly
Travelodge Caerphilly Hotel
#17 of 74 in Cardiff
Manor Parc Country Hotel
Manor Parc Country Hotel
#32 of 74 in Cardiff

Been to Premier Inn Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) Hotel? Share your experiences!