“Birthday Dinner”

Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I can only say how dissappointing our visit was and only wish we had rethought our choice earlier. The food was ok but arrived in a very adhoc fashion and we were only a party of 6. Maybe this was because they couldnt charge the extra 10% for parties over 8 as we had people cancel. Staff and management were very rude and wanted to charge us £9 to eat the £5 little cake we brought for the birthday girl.

sadly best avoided which is a shame as it has great potential

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We've always had good food at The Thai House and have no reason to complain about the food and atmosphere this time. I was however extremely disappointed when my leather jacket was returned to me at the end of the night with a 6 inch tear in the front panel. The waitress was unable to explain the damage so the matter was referred to the owner.
He refused to accept that any damage could have occurred on his property; after a lengthy discussion he asked that we e-mail him so he can consider his position and any compensation he feels may be appropriate. So as not to disturb the other dinners any further I agreed. I have now emailed him on two occasions and had no reply. This amounts to nothing but shockingly bad customer service and I expected an establishment like this would like to at least offer to pay for part of the damage caused in order to preserve their reputation.
Very disappointed.

1  Thank CLR99
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We tried to book for this restaurant during a family holiday. We were told that they would not take children as they are too noisy! Not good customer service for a Thursday night, early evening.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a long established Thai restaurant - in fact I believe over 30 years. It is traditional Thai rather than fast food but has perhaps not moved fast enough with the times. It is a pleasant place with clean lines and well dressed staff. The service is variable and the food good but not particularly innovative. Avoid tables near the door as they can suffer from a draft. It is best visited when busy as then the atmosphere improves. We had a full meal with sweet and beer and this worked out at just over £100 for 4 without tip. It is reasonably priced but there are other Thai restaurants that are cheaper in Cardiff. It is a restaurant for a special occasion rather than lunch when shopping.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were staying in the Ibis hotel next door so this was very convenient for us. I was a little worried after reading some of the not so good reviews, but we thought it was very good. Exquisitely dressed waitresses, polite and helpful, quick service and amazing food with authentic vegetables. Highlight of the night for me was the banana fritters and banana ice cream which was a light and refreshing dessert.