I've stayed in the hostel next door and found it very loud and a bit too party atmosphere for my liking. I was really pleased to see that the River House attracts a slightly older and bit less rambunctious crowd. I had no problem with noise the whole weekend. Facilities are good, bathrooms are excellently clean, and the bed was pretty comfortable. There is room for luggage in the rooms and there are lockers and pretty much everything you need is available to borrow from reception. And free wifi everywhere! But breakfast (included) is fantastic. Also, you can't go wrong with the location, right near the bus/train station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The River House is a city centre hostel in Cardiff near all the main attractions. This award winning Cardiff hostel has a selection of mixed shared room, female shared rooms, family rooms and private rooms. All guests get free wifi which is everywhere, a huge continental breakfast and a great central location. The hostel is run and owned by a local Cardiff family who can give advice about nearby attractions and help make your stay a welcome one. There is a bed and breakfast, homely feel which is helped by a fully equipped guest kitchen, a dining room, a lounge with hundreds of TV channels, board games and 150 DVDs you can watch for free. The River House has won many awards and has been voted the best hostel in Wales since 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The River House Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The River House Backpackers Hotel Cardiff
- The River House Backpackers Cardiff, Wales