No wonder this place gets such fantastic reviews. It's cheap, it's clean, there are more than enough toilets & showers (and they're all always clean) etc., but I think this is more than a simple hostel. It has a very familiar atmosphere. The owner takes care of you, shows you around, there's a kitchen where she cooks dinner you can get for £1, the guests eat together, there's a nice little garden etc. It's a very calm and comfy place. The location is great as well, it's only a 5-minute walk from the train station and the city center.
The only downside is that the 6-bed dorms are somewhat small and the upper beds don't have a socket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The River House is a city centre hostel in Cardiff near all the main attractions. This award winning Cardiff hostel has a selection of mixed shared room, female shared rooms, family rooms and private rooms. All guests get free wifi which is everywhere, a huge continental breakfast and a great central location. The hostel is run and owned by a local Cardiff family who can give advice about nearby attractions and help make your stay a welcome one. There is a bed and breakfast, homely feel which is helped by a fully equipped guest kitchen, a dining room, a lounge with hundreds of TV channels, board games and 150 DVDs you can watch for free. The River House has won many awards and has been voted the best hostel in Wales since 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The River House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The River House Backpackers Hotel Cardiff
- The River House Cardiff, Wales