“Great japanese food!! Plum wine amazing!!”
Review of Ichiban

Ichiban
Ranked #499 of 1,246 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$19 - US$26
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Great japanese food!! Plum wine amazing!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I love this restaurant, I went back in march on a Sunday. It was quiet quite but I find this restaurant is always quite calm even when there are lots of people i really like this as it makes me feel relaxed, really nice décor and the play Japanese music which creates a lovely atmosphere. I always have the plum wine which is to die for!! I liked it so much I bought a bottle to take home!! for food I starter with sushi I'm not a big lover of sushi but if find this lovely in ichiban. I also had soft shell crab both really nice. my main I beef curry udon. I've never tried this before but was amazing and the dish was huge!! I was to full to order desert. The food was fantastic really reasonable in price and I was able to get student discount on my meal. would recommend this to everyone.

Visited March 2014

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food with prompt service”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I came here for a birthday meal and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I had the Kaisen Furai Teishoku while my partner had Tempura Teishoku - both were cooked to perfection, and at £13 a head, excellent value too.

One thing that made it more special was that half of the clientele were Japanese - try seeing that in Yo Sushi! Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank boxofrecords
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

My mother and myself went for lunch as a treat and chose a few things from the menu. The staff were friendly, the place was so clean and the food was fantastic. Great place to eat with friends and family :)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jenna_Llewelyn
Brighton
“Killer tempura squid”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Try this friendly neighbourhood place rather than a big chain sushi place. A looong menu with some interesting choices including some lovely lightly battered tempura squid. £17/head was good value.

“Lovely”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Driven passed here so many time and never thought about going in but glad I did tonight! Simply blown away with the food!

Never thought canton could offer such lovely tasting food, me and my gf loved it and will def be back!

If your looking for a change in food instead of your normal boring Chinese/Japanese this is the place!

Amazing food with service to match

1 Thank bluebird1961