“Awful service”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

As a regular customer to Ichiban with no complaints until now I am appalled by the service I received today! My order was placed, after waiting an hour for delivery I got the wrong order, I phoned the restaurant to tell them that 1 item was missing from my order. Instead if them bringing the 1 item missing from my order I was informed that they could give it to me on my next order!! I now have to wait 30min for the driver to return and provide me with a full refund, I also have to return the rest of the food that was delivered but are they going to serve this food that has sat at my home for 30min to
someone else or is it wasted?? Why they couldn't have just delivered the other part of my order is senseless!!! I will never order from here again for fear that I'm eating food that has potentially sat in someone else's home!! Awful!!

1  Thank sarahjc23

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We love coming here for the food. It's really handy to visit solo too for a quick lunch. Nearly as fast as McDonald's but far better and FRESH! The lunchtime special bento meals are great.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Am a regular visitor to this place whether it be at the restaurant or take out, and it is amazing.
It is slightly on the expensive side, but it really is worth every penny as the food tastes fresh and of quality. We enjoy the seafood ramen and the tempura calamari! If you want a take out that is slightly better for you than a sludges Chinese, I would highly suggest this restaurant!! Great for nights out or nights in!!! Top food.

2  Thank Harriet E
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Met a friend here yesterday and we both had a lovely time. I'm not a big fish fan to be fair so had chicken which was delicious. What I particularly liked was the fact you weren't hurried out once you'd finished, despite the fact it was getting busy. Lots of parents taking their children there so must take mine so they get the experience of eating there with chop sticks etc. Felt trendy and relaxed inside. All food was delicious and really liked the laid back atmosphere!! Will definitely visit again !!

2  Thank swesh82
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I love this restaurant, I went back in march on a Sunday. It was quiet quite but I find this restaurant is always quite calm even when there are lots of people i really like this as it makes me feel relaxed, really nice décor and the play Japanese music which creates a lovely atmosphere. I always have the plum wine which is to die for!! I liked it so much I bought a bottle to take home!! for food I starter with sushi I'm not a big lover of sushi but if find this lovely in ichiban. I also had soft shell crab both really nice. my main I beef curry udon. I've never tried this before but was amazing and the dish was huge!! I was to full to order desert. The food was fantastic really reasonable in price and I was able to get student discount on my meal. would recommend this to everyone.