“Outstanding food and service !”

Laguna Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #62 of 1,213 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$0 - US$49
Cuisines: European, British, Welsh
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: City Centre
gold coast
“Outstanding food and service !”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Extraordinarliy good food - my husband said it was the best meal he has ever eaten - and that's saying something... Good value wine selection, attentive but not simpering wait staff - overall excellent !

Visited September 2012

Camberley, United Kingdom
“Simply Outstanding”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My girlfriend and I were staying at the Park Plaza Hotel (see separate review) and were lucky enough to get a space downstairs at the Laguna restaurant. After waiting for an hour (they were booked up and I hadn't reserved!), we were greeted by extremely friendly staff who immediately apologised for the wait, and sat us at our table. A great drinks selection to choose from. I had already planned what to eat, and all I can say is it was some of the best food I have ever eaten. Great choice of menu, beyond-expectation service, exquisite food. I'll definitely go back when I can.
If you want a special night out where you get what you pay for, then this is the place to go. Just remember to book on a weekend night to avoid disappointment.

• Visited September 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Second visit, never fails to deliver!”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Having visited this restaurant last year and had a great experience, my boyfriend and I made another visit this month.
What a lovely experience! This place isn't just about the beautiful food, it's the service that makes you want to keep coming back!
As it was a Wednesday evening it was pretty quiet; around 4 tables were occupied including ours, so our food was served incredibly fast. Presentation of the food is fab, like a piece of art.

The only issue we had this time was that there were no chocolate fondants available for dessert, and we wanted this as it came with peanut butter ice cream. However after speaking to the lovely waitress, we were able to have a sample of ice creams, WITH the peanut butter flavour included, even though it's not usually available as an option.
Overall the starters, mains, and dessert were out of this world, amazing quality meats and the waitress was very attentive. This is definitely a treat for us, and we always look forward to going there! Perfect for a special occasion, which this was,

Will always recommend!

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“All around outstanding, in Cardiff!”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Recently, my wife and I stayed at the Park Plaza in Cardiff (very nice hotel). We wandered down for dinner and luckily ate at the Laguna, which is the restaurant in the hotel. Who would have imagined the experience - absolutely 5 star on every dimension. Nice menu, lovely food, outstanding friendly service. My wife is vegetarian and the chef created dishes to suit her needs. Light preparation, immense taste. The restaurant compares with the best experiences of New York, London and the like, without all the fuss and drama. Not expensive, especially considering the quality of the overall experience. Well done.

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank nsnandra
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Don't underestimate it”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This place has upped its game. It is a great experience from start to finish. The service was amazing - the manager was making sure that everything was perfect from the table setting to ghe lighting levels - and the spacious dining room feels very luxurious.

It's a great pace for a romantic meal or special occasion. Far better than any other hotel restaurant in Cardiff...

Don't underestimate this place!

3 Thank dupainduvin