“As good as ever!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I've been eating from the Monsoon for many years and I have to say that it is one those rare places where the food is consistently good. That's why I would recommend it. Their menu is really vast and they have a good selection for vegetarians. They also have a lot of good deals. Tonight I had the Channa Dhansak which comes with a Naan. Where else could you get this for £4.50? Their popodoms and dips are the best around. Another plus is that they appear to deliver anywhere in Cardiff

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a korma takeaway (comprising chicken korma, pilau rice, pershwari naan) from here. It was too sweet for my taste and the chicken was overcooked. I found the naan bread disappointing, very soggy considering I had walked less than 30 seconds from collecting the take away to my house. Service was good, but unfortunately I wouldn't choose to eat here in future.

1  Thank William N
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Last ate here 6 months ago and it was not that good. Decided to ignore my promise not to visit again and popped in. This time was worse. Again I ordered the lamb balti with spinach, pilau rice and a plain naan. Lamb balti is GREAT when cooked properly with decent cuts of meat. Alas.
Lamb was like rubber and pretty much tasteless. Rice were like little pieces of rubber and again very little taste. I wish I could praise the nann but I can't- same rubber story.
Thanks for the free poppadoms but I would prefer good food to free poppadoms any day.
WILL leave this place alone for another year now.

1  Thank Awsgi
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Food delivered on time as promised. Had a mixed byriani with a madras sauce. Chicken n lamb well done, sauce not to spicy. Had a keema nan with the food which was amazing and still fresh! Will be ordering again!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Very disappointing, one of the most unappetising meals I have had in a long time. Not planning a return visit.

1  Thank Ian M