“Don't take any notice of the last three reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Swallow

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Don't take any notice of the last three reviews”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have been going to this food place for over 20 years (before it was a restaurant but converted to just a take-out place now) Never in my any of my visits have I had a bad meal they are all wonderful, flavourful and the meat is second to none. They only use the best cuts and everything is cooked fresh to order, so if you have any particular requirements like not too spicy or veggie option they can cater for that because like I said - EVERYTHING IS COOKED FROM SRATCH. I notice the other reviewers seem to favour kebabs or pub food; well anyone with a more sophisticated palette will like Swallows :)

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Jessica H

“Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews Big Mistake ! Smelt lovely going home in car. I had special fried rice ... Nice bone in it ! Hubby had the curry very thin sauce an very bland he asked if it had mushrooms in it was told yes got home an had separate tub for mushrooms !! Son had chicken fried rice an curry sauce .. Again sauce very bland an tasteless daughter had chicken chow mein ate all of it and enjoyed it !!! We didn't an certainly wont be going back ....

Visited September 2013
1 Thank becmark45
CARDIFF
“Not as authentic as I had hoped”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

After hearing about the reviews about this place I thought I must try it.I have to admit, there was no amazing flavours hitting the palette. The sauces were bland and lacked salt, the fried nibbles were simply that, fried, no tantalising batter or any authentic flavours going on and the portions were small for what you pay for. All in all, I would not eat from here again and I have been to better places to eat.

Visited December 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Hair & MSG but still nice!”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We had a lovely takeaway from here last week, the food very tasty BUT.....rice tasted very strongly of MSG and we found a 4 inch jet black hair in the spring roll. Strangely enough though I would go back as the crispy beef was best I've tasted in long time.....must be the msg...lol.
I will say the man was very polite and friendly and the place looked spotless. and it does have a high food high rating in the window.

• Visited January 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good Service, quality Food”
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Good Service, quality Food would definitely recommend this restaurant ..worth a visit ...keep up the good work

1 Thank KARSAR