“Love the food love the beer”

Zerodegrees - Cardiff
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Cross street: Golgate
Transit: Cardiff, Westgate St (1) (NW-bound)
Description: We started Zerodegrees because we knew that our customers would share our passion for fresh, modern, and innovative cuisine based on locally sourced ingredients, and for beer that does not contain any nasties. Being a family run company, we've been able to run Zerodegrees with those values in mind ever since. We feel proud to be able to say that our beer has no preservatives, no additives, no pasteurising, and no filtering, and that our food continues to meet our customer's expectations for great taste and innovation. Our commitment to Zerodegrees' standards remains as strong today as it has always been. Open your senses to Zerodegrees.
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This place never disappoints for food. The pizzas are delicious , with generous toppings and my Italian friends tell me they taste Authentic. The salads are huge and appetising and the mussels are reasonably priced. The in house brewery offers a great selection of beers , my favourite is the wheat beer. If you want to watch sport on TV downstairs is better but for more intimate dining choose upstairs. A great place for large groups; the staff are happy to accommodate.
A lovely eating experience .

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We went on a very bust weekend. The beer is fantastic, we had the pale ale and the wheat beer. They were very busy when we arrived but managed to fit us in. The service was efficient and the pizza was far better than we have had anywhere else. The prices for city centre were also reasonable. Will definitely be going again

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Ate here, and have no complaints about the food, which was O.K. without being particularly memorable. However the table I sat at was incredibly sticky - it even had a napkin stuck to it, and the chair at the table I was initially going to sit at was shredded. If they can't be bothered to get the front of house right, what does it say about everything else? I certainly won't be returning.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Visited over the Easter weekend for a family meal. We were a little concerned that with the venue being so spacious the noise might be too much (we brought Grandma with us), but it was absolutely fine. Staff were friendly, food was delicious, and we were able to have a conversation. Lovely relaxed evening, would definitely come again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I visited with a group of friends for an early dinner before a student rugby match at the Millennium Stadium. Our first issue was that they were 'unable' to serve pitchers or kegs that day, meaning that we had to buy drinks by the pint, which made it a lot more expensive. I'm not sure if this was a match-day profit-boosting venture or if they were genuinely unable to, but it was certainly annoying. When our drinks did finally arrive they were all in plastic cups, which I also found very strange, especially as we were sitting in the upstairs restaurant-only section.

The food was nice when it arrived, although it took well over 25 minutes and is probably a little over-priced. The gluten-free pizza base was a bonus and had a nice texture. However, one of our group had a problem with his order, which was a genuine mistake/misunderstanding about the ingredients used in one of the pizzas. Our original waiter was very understanding and offered us an immediate solution, but then brought the manager over to double check. She was immediately extremely patronising towards my friend, and became quite aggressive when he put across his side of the story. I'm unsure if this is because we were obviously students or if it's just her normal manner, but it was completely unacceptable, and would definitely put me off visiting again.

1  Thank Katie E