“Bottomless Brunch”
Review of Grey

Grey
Ranked #29 of 1,390 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$6 - US$45
Description: Experience a sense of belonging at Grey, a contemporary restaurant and lounge that champions the modern dining scene with local and British classics. Our menus feature no-nonsense country-style dishes with big flavours and high quality, local ingredients. ·Free-range, farm-fresh food ·Small and large plates from the stove or grill ·Gourmet sandwiches and salads
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Fully enjoyed my brunch here! Endless supply of prosecco and wonderful food!!
Don’t waste time, drink!
Thank you to the very attentive staff!

Dear Lauren Q

Thank you for writing a review about Grey.
We are very happy to hear that you had a fantastic Bottomless Prosecco Brunch with us.
We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.

Kind Regards,
Grey & Lounge Bar Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic bottomless brunch, thoroughly enjoyed. Service was fantastic and efficient. Food was fabulous! I will definitely visit again!

Dear Emily E

Thank you for taking the time to review Grey.

We are delighted to read your comments and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Grey and Lounge Bar Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2018

6 of us booked for a late lunch. The ordering process was friendly, but I did feel we were being pushed towards the Bottomless Prosecco brunch, I had to state several times that I was driving later.
Our server was very friendly and helpful, but she was really let down by the length of time it took to receive our food and drinks. 30 minutes for a cocktail and a glass of Prosecco is far too long. The wait for the first course was even longer. If the restaurant has been fuller it would have been more understandable, but it was only half full, and there seemed to be no shortage of staff.
The food was really nice.
It took so long to bring a desert that we had to ask for the bill before it arrived and were charged anyway.
We were also charged 12.5% service charge, although not advised of this in advance - given how slow the service was it was not warranted. We didn't realise until after we had paid, and left a generous tip for our individual server who was lovely and not responsible for the delays.

Dear sallyw671
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grey.
It is so very disappointing to read your feedback and please can I offer you our sincere apologies for your experience on this occasion. I would like to reassure you that this is certainly not the norm as we have received great feedback regarding both food and service in our Restaurant. Just to let you know, on all our menus, there is a note referring to the 10% service charge.

I will address your comments with the team to ensure that there is no repeat of such issues in the future. I do hope that despite your experience on this occasion you will return to us in Grey and we will have the opportunity of restoring your confidence.

Kind Regards
Grey & Bar Manager

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here before seeing The Rolling Stones, meal perfect, staff attentive and really pleasant, couldn’t recommend highly enough, will be back.

1  Thank Breconians
CWLCardiff, Manager at Grey, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Breconians

Thank you for your visit to Grey and pleased we were able to make your day enjoyable for you.
Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.
I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our team, where no doubt they will further be inspired by your kind comments.
looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Thank you for recommendation.

Kind regards
Grey and Lounge Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Wonderful food and the staff were fantastic especially Lorena. Prosecco brunch was great value and I certainly got my monies worth. On the downside the amount of time we had to wait for first the drinks (40 minutes) and the food (35 minutes) was totally unacceptable and made us late for the concert. Apparently it takes 30 minutes just to make a margarita! Not impressed and certainly wouldn’t go again if we had to be anywhere within 3 hours of sitting at the table. However when we asked for the bill it was presented within 2 minutes.... priorities?? ☹️

1  Thank LizJ613
CWLCardiff, Manager at Grey, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Liz J

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Please can I say how sorry I am to read of your dissatisfaction and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have shared your feedback with the team to ensure there is no repeat of this in the future as this is certainly not indicative of our normal great service and comments.
I do hope that despite your experience on this occasion you will consider visiting us again in the future.

Kind Regards