“The First Place I look to stay in Cardiff”

Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I came to Cardiff because I was working in Wales for a month and Sleeperz became my home in more ways than one! Knowing that they were not particularly set up for long term stays the staff proceeded to bend over backwards for me to make sure I was looked after. The staff were always friendly and approachable if I needed anything all I had to do. As a disabled customer knowing how acssible rooms can vary this is a great example of what a room should be in my opinion there was room for my wheelchair and all my stuff and so on and no bath with rails I had to do the awkward climb into. Now when every I return to Cardiff this is the first place I look to stay!

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a central hotel if you are just going to overnight and close to a lot of amenities. It seemed to be the party hotel as about 3am, it was definitely the time to be coming home from the many pubs around. The room itself was clean but the bathroom, well, not so much.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Sleeperz is in a very nice location, close to everything's hot in Cardiff, but this is definitely the best thing I can say about it. We tasted their breakfast: food wasn't as hot as you expect when you have continental breakfast.
Rooms are very small. If from time to time you ask yourself "How small a bathroom can be", well, spend a night at Sleeperz and you'll get the answer. I photographed what happens after you take a shower: the flow and foam is all over the bathroom. For pity, I'm not gonna upload these pictures. I'll come back to Cardiff as soon as possible since I'm fond of it, but I'll definetily choose another structure next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager1969, General Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. The vast majority of guests comment extremely positively about the quality of the rooms and the clever design which more than makes up for its compact size. The design of the wet room/shower room means that you will get some water over the entire shower room floor, but it doesn’t take long before it drains away. As you can see from the majority of reviews we are rated very highly on all aspects of our rooms, breakfast and service and have been awarded a TripAdvisor 'Certificate of Excellence 2013' earning us a place amongst the best hotels in Cardiff. We have only received this award by offering exceptional service and a great product that most of our guests enjoy, resulting in excellent ratings. Kind regards

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I cannot fault the hotel on it's location; slap bang in the heart of the city, Sleeperz sits next to the train station and is just a 2 minute stroll from the city centre.

The staff were absolutely lovely and advised us on where to go and what to do during our stay. They were also more than happy to hold our bags as we checked in a little earlier that the specified time (2pm).

The room, however, was tiny, stuffy and didn't feel particularly clean. The bathroom lacked privacy (a broken sliding door separating it from the bed!) and there was dirt in the corners. Having said this, the sheets were immaculately clean.

It seemed a little overpriced for what you get but it's convenient for the shops and Millennium Stadium.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The hotel itself is excellently located, a literal stones throw away from the train station and Cardiff city centre.

The design of the hotel and rooms themselves are very stylish, modern but quite compact, it was also lovely and cool during the heatwave we had during July thanks to the air conditioning. There are no problems with sound pollution even though it overlooks Cardiff Central train station, which was pleasantly surprising. The staff were very helpful and welcoming.

Overall a nice hotel which is good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Sleepers hotel is perfect for a hen/stag night! The floor to ceiling windows ad advertised are about 12 inches wide. The rooms are so small that u can sit on the bed with you're feet in the bathroom. The bathroom doors are sliding, so if someone is using the bathroom and u are sat on the bed, u can see hear everything! Not brilliant!!but I suppose good value for a bed for the night. Not a romantic place for a couple, or anyone who is slightly larger,be prepared to be wedged in!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Sleeperz Cardiff for one night for business, my room had the essential one would need for a short business or vacation, free good wi-fi connection, nice modern design, flat screen cable TV, A/C and above all it's round the corner from the station for £49.95 through a hotel booking website.

• Stayed: August 2013