Travelodge Cardiff Atlantic Wharf
US$117
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$97
  • Breakfast included
US$102
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$90
Orbitz.com
US$141
US$119
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$57
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$93
US$157
US$152
Travelocity
US$72
Priceline
Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
1,363 results
All reviewsfree parkingthe red dragon centrehour bargreat locationmillennium centretravel lodgemermaid quayroom was cleancar parkshort walkbus stopall you can eatfamily roomexcellent value for moneybudget hotelbars and restaurantsstayed here for two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

As we had tickets to see Priscilla at the Millenium Centre its in an ideal location. Free parking is also a plus. Room great, bit short on storage space & we had no remote for TV. Reported this to staff member who gave us a replacement and this didn't work. Noisy guests banging doors at 2am, but that's the same in any hotel. All in all paid £36 for the room & breakfast so can't complain.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I just needed a hotel for one night in Cardiff as I wanted to see the Doctor Who attractions in the area. This hotel was in my budget and in the area I needed to be in. While I enjoyed my night there, I was a bit frustrated with the service.
The room I stayed in was clean and modern. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom looked like it had been kept modern and large. I had a good night's sleep. I was in walking distance of the Millennium Center where there were plenty of shops and restaurants to eat. It was walking distance from the Cardiff Bay train station and a 5 pound cab ride from Cardiff Center. My advice would be, if you have luggage, to take the taxi from Cardiff Center. You change trains twice to get to Cardiff Bay and that means lugging your bags each change.
The hotel check in was at 3pm and I was surprised at how late it was. I got there an hour early, exhausted from a long train trip. I was told I couldn't check in for at least another half hour. I asked if I could leave my bags somewhere while I went and walked around the city, but was told they didn't have any place for me to do that. I was told to wait in the lounge where they had food. Food consisted of chips/crisps and drinks. I wanted to get something more substantial, but there was no food being served. There was nothing that indicated that food was only served at certain times.
I did get to check in early and was able to get to things in time. They called a cab for me the next day so I could get back to the train station. There is a buffet breakfast available in the mornings. It's one cost for as much as you want to eat. I would be happy to stay there again, but would keep in mind the odd check-in time and lack of bag storage.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sara M
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Cardiff Atlantic Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your recent stay Sara M. Our check in time is 3pm across all of our hotels and we do not provide luggage storage facilities, however we do have an early check in and late check out service which will enable our guests to check in at 12 or check out at 2pm, this does come at a £10.00 charge and is subject to availability. We can confirm that the bar café at this hotel opens from 5pm to 10pm and our reception staff will be expected to advise our guests of the facilities available at the hotel so it is regrettable to learn you were not provided with this information on your arrival. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

A very clean and well maintained hotel in the bay. Good location next door to the Red Dragon centre and The Wales Millennium Centre. Good value for an overnight stay, negative points, the single beds are very small and the bar although open 24 hrs ( which did not cause us any problems with noise) was a little expensive.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

the staff were very welcoming and helpful during our stay. the rooms were clean and the double bed was extremely comfortable however, the single bed matress was uncomfortable. the hotel was very close to the bay and easy to find. i highly recommend it for a budget overnight stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nichola G
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Staying here for 2 weeks contracting. Excellent Travelodge clean rooms modern and quiet. The staff are all polite and talkative and the breakfast is very good and a good selection. Plus the bonus of having a bar and 24 hour food. Cant complain will use again!

• Stayed: January 2014