1,485 results
All reviewsfree parkingthe red dragon centrehour barmillennium centregreat locationtravel lodgemermaid quayroom was cleancar parkminute walkbus stopfamily roombudget hotelno air conditioningbars and restaurantsstayed here for two nightswould stay again
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I usually stay in town when on business in Cardiff but chose the Travelodge as wanted to be by the Bay instead for a change. Everything good especially the quality of the bed which was wonderful and the staff who were great nothing was too much trouble for them. The breakfast I noticed have had some poor reviews but I thought it was great compared to some other chain hotels I have stopped in - no complaints at all and I am a fussy eater. However so why haven't I given it five stars? One small reason no toiletries - it may sound pathetic but I had to venture out in the pouring rain to get shampoo - every hotel I have stopped in for the last five years has provided toiletries so was pretty surprised not to get them. It wont stop me going back as everything else was so nice - but please Travelodge provide some toiletries.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Cardiff Atlantic Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

We are really pleased to learn you enjoyed your recent stay with us Buislesb. As a brand standard we do not provide toiletries in our rooms, we do however have a number of essential toiletries available from a vending machine at reception if guests require any additional items.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel offers excellent value for money for anyone visiting Cardiff or Cardiff bay. It is walking distance to the Bay and a bus ride or longer walk into the city. The welcome was warm and the room was fresh, clean and quiet. The only thing I would change were the pillows as they were too hard and left me with neck ache, but on the plus side you did get 2 each which made my partner happy. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at the beginning of January and had a really good deal on the Travelodge website. The room was big enough, very clean and the bed and pillows were very comfy, not like you get in some budget chain hotels!

It's in a great location, a 2 minute walk to the Bay and 10 minutes to Cardiff centre. The free parking was a big bonus, although there aren't a lot of spaces and I'd imagine they'd fill up quick at weekends or when there's a chitevent on in Cardiff.

The only disappointment we had with this hotel was the breakfast. We paid £7-8 each and it's not worth the money. There was a choice of cereals, cold and hard croissants and the cooked breakfast had little choice and even less taste.

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel but advise again the breakfast!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tinyleo182
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Cardiff Atlantic Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

We are pleased to hear you found our rooms to be comfortable and in a great location tinyleo182. It is however regrettable to learn that you did not enjoy the quality of the breakfast in our bar café. Our café staff are expected to ensure that the food we provide is prepared to a high quality standard so it is regrettable to learn you found the food to be tasteless. We will be sure to pass this onto our hotel management team so that they are aware of the improvements which are needed. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was not 'feeling it 'when I was told we would be staying at a 'travelodge' (Atlantic wharf Cardiff) but was pleasently suprised by the hygene,bar aerea,general location but above all the staff.They were professional,kind and went beyond the call of duty.
Due at work at 7 I knew that I would miss breakfast but was kindly offered a cooked breakfast anyway! (One example)
lovely staff.I hope management see this.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 20 January 2014

exellent value for money, friendly staff, very clean rooms, bar clean and breakfast amazing value. It is evedent they have had a makeover in the bedrooms everything you need at a price that is so affordable. Fantastic location for the bay and millenium centre. a must for all to try.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge