“A must visit!!”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Cardiff
Ranked #200 of 1,254 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$11 - US$39
Description: Take a trip up to the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse rooftop restaurant and bar, and you'll experience a classic British menu with some truly delectable steaks, perfectly paired with tantalising cocktails. Our team pride themselves on delivering a memorable experience, with great food and an unforgettable ambiance. Visit one of our 2 terrace areas for a welcome breath of fresh air as you hear the sounds of live music beating from the heart of the bar. You can expect live music every week - the perfect way to make the most of your dining and drinking experience. Our exclusive private dining room is set to be the perfect place for an intimate celebration in the city
Reviewed 2 September 2020

Our first meal out in a long time and we are already excited to come back! The team were incredibly attentive and friendly, we felt so safe and looked after and the food was AMAZING! could not recommend MPW more, a hidden gem x

Date of visit: September 2020
MPWCardiffsteakhouse, General Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2020

Hey Loggy2020!

Thank you firstly for selecting us as your first meal out post lockdown and then a second thank you for this absolute corker of a review! So happy to see you had a wonderful time with us and look forward to seeing you for your next visit.

Victoria

Write a reviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed 2 September 2020

We went for a special occasion, first the lift was broke (6 flights) the staff were rude and the most shocking, they had no steak!!! What’s makes it worse I’ve emailed the manager who doesn’t really care at all. No offer of a return visit to make amense or anything. Really poor! I wonder what MPW would think

5  Thank U7874XRleeh
MPWCardiffsteakhouse, General Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2020

Hey U7874XRleeh,

Thanks for getting in touch, however I'm really disappointed to read this review and so sorry you are still so very disappointed.

I can assure you I and the entire team care deeply for the experience of every guest, as previously mentioned to you via email. On the day you visited we had a fire evacuation where the team acted extremely professionally to ensure the well being and safety of our guests.
As you can imagine a fire evacuation is something that is completely out of our control and the team were absolutely fantastic.
The lift then did sadly break down, once again this was a completely unpredictable situation to have happened and engineers were called immediately and had in fact repaired before you left the restaurant.
Lastly (since these things seem to come in 3's) yes our meat delivery lorry broke down, we have our deliveries fresh every single day, another lorry was sent on the same day and all of our meat was fortunately here ready for dinner service.

I am aware on the day you enjoyed your meals and enjoyed the service, even complimenting the staff on how professional they were in a difficult and unforeseeable situation. I actually spoke with you personally. Sadly since I did not offer you then the compensation you requested for a return visit I think it is somewhat unfair and upsetting that you have left this review with a rating of 1.
I do not in anyway believe myself or the team would need to make amends for having dealt with 3 difficult situations very professionally ensuring as minimal disruption to our guests as possible. Multiple compliments were received on the day and I am very sorry you felt so disheartened you felt the need to write 2 emails, negative comments on facebook and leave a review of 1 star.

I am extremely proud of how efficient, professional, friendly and hard working the team are and couldn't speak more highly of them.

Once again I am so very sorry you were disappointed with the difficulties we had on the day. I do hope you will visit again in the future and have a visit much more to your liking.

Many thanks

Reviewed 1 September 2020 via mobile

My husband and myself had the three course lunch menu very average and not up to the normal standards of this restaurant. My main complaint was no vinegar!!!! unbelievable very disappointed dry chips staff member didn’t seem bothered and didn’t come back to apologise at all. We have used this restaurant many times but think we will be trying the Ivy on our next visit to Cardiff

6  Thank Jane7320

Hi Jane7320,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review and I'm sorry you felt the menu wasn't to your liking. I sincerely apologise regarding the condiment situation this was rectified on the day but clearly not in enough of a timely manner to ensure your meal was to your liking. I can only apologise sincerely here.

I would hope that one negative experience wouldn't put you off after so many delightful visits with us?

I do hope we will see you again soon.

Many thanks

Reviewed 1 September 2020 via mobile

Arrived early and was seated right away, which was great, team were very welcoming and friendly. Lovely decor and a nice relaxed atmosphere. We had a 3 course meal and the food was so nice! We would definitely come back, I have never been before and lived in the area for over 10 years! Wish I had known about this place sooner!

Date of visit: September 2020

Hey Chalmer31,

Thanks so much for this absolutely lovely review, I'm so very happy that you had such a fabulous time with us and it doesn't matter that you didn't know about us sooner because you know about us now!

See you very soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2020 via mobile

We called for pre dinner and post dinner drinks. Pre dinner my wife had an espresso martini and really enjoyed. My Stella was returned as it was flat and changed. But good atmosphere and nice surroundings. Post dinner was a different experience, we asked for a table to be cleared, reasonable request in these times. After 5 to 10 minutes wait, We were told it was cleared, which it was but not cleaned, still had drinks marks on the table, so we were uncomfortable with that. After another 5 to 10 minutes waiting for service and to get the table wiped, we gave up and left.

5  Thank rwatson242