“Lunch Time Menu - Excellent”
Review of Bosphorus Turkish Restaurant - CLOSED

Bosphorus Turkish Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set in a magnificent glass structure on the bustling Cardiff Bay, Bosphorus showcases modern Turkish cuisine and European seafood dishes. As well as simmering casseroles and a sultan's feast inspired by the Ottoman Empire, guests can enjoy succulent cuts from the grill. Enjoy uninterrupted views of the water and the neighbouring quay from the dining room, or relax out on the jetty-style al fresco terrace.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We visited this restaurant earlier today looking for a lunch on a vague recommendation from a friend. It was really quiet, there was just us and another small family so I was thinking oh no here we go.... How wrong I was!!! The Lunch Time menu was simple and we ordered falafel and calamari to start with a simple mixed shish for main, the calamari was cooked to perfection with a light crisp batter, the falafel on a bed of hummus again a delicious crispy bite full of flavour which the hummus complimented brilliantly. The lamb and chicken shish, tender, moist and full of flavour, the Lamb especially was one of best I've tasted and having lived in Greece Ive eaten this style of cuisine hundreds of times. The service was low key, unobtrusive but attentive, which personally I prefer. How this place was empty I'll never know, for a tenner a head dont expect a couple of foot long skewers but for a bite to eat it was great value.... looking forward to going back for an evening meal. (And I'll be specifying foot long skewers :), delicious give it a whirl, it's a travesty that this joint wasn't packed.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Can't beat the location, on a warm sunny day sitting outside overlooking the bay, what a setting. Top Turkish food. I found the service to be a tad slow though.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We came here with friends for dinner. They couldn't seem to find our booking but gave us a table anyway because there were only four of us. The food was ok I enjoyed my starter and everyone else seemed to like what they had ordered. The location is nice overlooking the bay. They did charge us for an extra bottle of wine but this could have been a genuine mistake...

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Right, absolutely disgusted with the attitude of who I presume to be the owner or head waiter. Approached this place on a lovely sunny afternoon with my six week old baby girl in my arms, who was crying a little and on approaching the door I was told 'You can't come in here unless THAT shuts up and is quiet.' I was absolutely astounded by this mans instructions. The place only had three tables full in there eating, just to point out every where else was full to bursting point, so thought they would be happy of our custom. I couldn't believe this guys approach and instructions to myself. Will never return and would advise anyone else who has small children to give it a wide birth also. To be fair if this is the mans attitude towards a young family, even if you are older, I would think twice about going in, I'd dread to think what sort of response you'd get should you dare complain about anything !!

3  Thank HungoverDog
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Glorious sunny Saturday evening - we managed to get a table outside on the far end of the pier. Fabulous view looking out across Cardiff Bay. Mermaid Quay was really busy tonight and yet we had a quiet spot where we were actually able to talk to each other without loads of noise around us (not many spots in Mermaid Quay on a Saturday where you can achieve that!).

We both chose the "Sultan's Feast" which gets you a cold metze, a hot metze, a main (meat, veg or fish choice) and a selection of mini-desserts. £23. All the food was lovely, no complaints there at all. Note - if you're a floater coffee fan, they somehow manage to serve this without putting any sugar in. (I didn't think that was possible!)

The service was OK generally - we did get 'ignored' for quite a while and it wasn't really overly busy, so could have been better. 10% service charge added whether you were happy with the service or not (on this occasion, I felt a bit like they hadn't really earned it - but there you go!)

Overall - would certainly recommend the Bosphorus (P.S. If you're a Dr Who fan, they filmed a bit of one of the first Chris Eccleston episodes here too!)