“Avoid”

Bosphorus Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #230 of 1,215 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, View, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in a magnificent glass structure on the bustling Cardiff Bay, Bosphorus showcases modern Turkish cuisine and European seafood dishes. As well as simmering casseroles and a sultan's feast inspired by the Ottoman Empire, guests can enjoy succulent cuts from the grill. Enjoy uninterrupted views of the water and the neighbouring quay from the dining room, or relax out on the jetty-style al fresco terrace.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Shame as they seem to bank on their prime location for business. Food was substandard and more so the service was terrible. The staff were not attentive and completely put us off our meals. Highly priced for poor quality food and service. Will never go here again!

1 Thank Zissou007

• Turkish first
“Lunch Time Menu - Excellent”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We visited this restaurant earlier today looking for a lunch on a vague recommendation from a friend. It was really quiet, there was just us and another small family so I was thinking oh no here we go.... How wrong I was!!! The Lunch Time menu was simple and we ordered falafel and calamari to start with a simple mixed shish for main, the calamari was cooked to perfection with a light crisp batter, the falafel on a bed of hummus again a delicious crispy bite full of flavour which the hummus complimented brilliantly. The lamb and chicken shish, tender, moist and full of flavour, the Lamb especially was one of best I've tasted and having lived in Greece Ive eaten this style of cuisine hundreds of times. The service was low key, unobtrusive but attentive, which personally I prefer. How this place was empty I'll never know, for a tenner a head dont expect a couple of foot long skewers but for a bite to eat it was great value.... looking forward to going back for an evening meal. (And I'll be specifying foot long skewers :), delicious give it a whirl, it's a travesty that this joint wasn't packed.

• Visited August 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great food and location, slow service. ”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Can't beat the location, on a warm sunny day sitting outside overlooking the bay, what a setting. Top Turkish food. I found the service to be a tad slow though.

Desborough, United Kingdom
“Nice location”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We came here with friends for dinner. They couldn't seem to find our booking but gave us a table anyway because there were only four of us. The food was ok I enjoyed my starter and everyone else seemed to like what they had ordered. The location is nice overlooking the bay. They did charge us for an extra bottle of wine but this could have been a genuine mistake...

• Visited August 2014
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“AVOID, with a capital A !!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Right, absolutely disgusted with the attitude of who I presume to be the owner or head waiter. Approached this place on a lovely sunny afternoon with my six week old baby girl in my arms, who was crying a little and on approaching the door I was told 'You can't come in here unless THAT shuts up and is quiet.' I was absolutely astounded by this mans instructions. The place only had three tables full in there eating, just to point out every where else was full to bursting point, so thought they would be happy of our custom. I couldn't believe this guys approach and instructions to myself. Will never return and would advise anyone else who has small children to give it a wide birth also. To be fair if this is the mans attitude towards a young family, even if you are older, I would think twice about going in, I'd dread to think what sort of response you'd get should you dare complain about anything !!

Visited August 2014