“Awful service, lazy staff”

Bosphorus Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #161 of 1,232 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set in a magnificent glass structure on the bustling Cardiff Bay, Bosphorus showcases modern Turkish cuisine and European seafood dishes. As well as simmering casseroles and a sultan's feast inspired by the Ottoman Empire, guests can enjoy succulent cuts from the grill. Enjoy uninterrupted views of the water and the neighbouring quay from the dining room, or relax out on the jetty-style al fresco terrace.
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Awful service, lazy staff”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We sat down for a late breakfast at the Bosphorus restaurant with approximately 1.5 hours to spare to get over to the Doctor Who experience (which was a 10 minute walk away). We ordered food and a very uncomplicated round of teas and coffees. Firstly they couldn't manage to pour boiling water over a tea bag successfully. As the time ticked by my party and I started to get more and more worried about making it in time for our slot at the Dr Who experience. After chasing our food 4-5 times the first member of the party received their meal. By the time the last person in the group received their food many others had already finished eating. Despite the 1.5 hour window to eat we ended up running to the experience on time. The staff were vaguely apologetic. Their whole attitude was lazy and rude. I could see into the kitchen when the door opened. The staff were just standing around not caring about the many customers waiting. This terrible service was performed under the pathetic presence of just 10 other customers (I counted).

I fear this restaurant will get away with this kind of service as a lot of trade is from tourists.

• Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Beckenham, United Kingdom
“Oh dear”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Clearly need to get their act together.
We walked in for breakfast and we're told half hour wait because they were 'very busy', which they clearly we're not. I didn't hear the waiter then say he didn't want to hear us saying 'where is our food' or I would have walked out right then.
As we drank our coffee, which I have to say was good, several parties complained they had been waiting up to an hour and still no food.
A couple got up and walked out. A large party of guys were angry at the wait as well. There were no apologies or even offers of a free drink.
We decided to leave after 20 minutes.
A prime location in the bay wasted I'm sad to say.

Manila, Philippines
“Can't really comment on the food.....”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Went in for breakfast on Sunday morning. After 50 minutes and the wrong order appearing we left. Very hungry.

• Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible food and service”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying this is not traditional Turkish food even if they say so as I have been to many. The food was bland and I've never seen a very small mixed grill in my life.

One dish was so salty I couldn't eat it.

The staff were not attentive and when informed them this was not good they shrugged themselves

They had the nerve to add service tax hmm what service.

Stay away

1 Thank Connecttraveller
Vienna, Austria
“Less than helpful”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

The food may be fine but the service is poor. The waiter only seemed happy when we were leaving. He only seemed interested if there was a woman in the dining party.